TwentyEight

Brooke was feeling broken. She knew her dad had told her what Simon had said.

How he had just used her for sex. And she didn't know what to think. She didn't even know if it was true. But she felt like she had been let down.

Brooke didn't want to think anymore. She didn't want to remember the times Simon had told her he loved her. And she didn't want to remember the times they had together.

She hadn't talked to her dad either. Knowing she didn't know if she trusted him to have told the truth. It was so hard and stressful. But she felt like things were too much.

Brooke knew she was staying with Ella until she could figure out what had gone on. But she missed being with her dad.

Brooke hated how things had turned out. She just wanted it to be okay. But it wasn't. And she wasn't okay.

All she knew was that things weren't the same. And she just needed to make it work. And focus on the future. But she couldn't. Not when she knew she missed Simon.

Morning came and she walked into the living room. She saw Ella and smiled. "Has my dad said anything?" She asked.

Ella shook her head. "No babes. I know you're upset. But it's going to be okay. You're not alone. You have me here for you. And this whole thing will soon blow over. You just need to focus on yourself for a while. And being happy with yourself. I know it won't always be like this. I've been through heartbreak myself remember. So I promise that it's going to be okay."

"Thanks Ella. I know it's not what you wanted. Having your niece moving in."

"You're great company. I don't mind at all. Rather you here then on the streets or at the school house," Ella said.

***
Brooke went into school. She saw Simon who was stood with her dad and sighed. She was trying to move on. But seeing him made her think of all the good times they had.

She blinked back tears as she walked off. She felt as though things were too much for her. "Brooke!"

Brooke turned to see her dad. She sighed. "What have I done now?" She asked.

"Nothing. I've been thinking. Maybe you could come home and we can build our relationship again. I know I've been harsh on you. But I just want you to do well," Tom told her.

Brooke looked to him. "Are you joking?"

"No. I think we need to work on being a family again," Tom said. He knew how harsh he was being on his daughter. But he wanted her to make something of her life.

"I'll think about it," Brooke said as she walked off. She didn't know why. But she didn't want to go home.

***
Brooke walked into Simon's classroom. She looked to him and sighed. "Is it true? Did you tell my dad you only used me for sex?"
She asked.

"Brooke."

"No! Did you say that to him? Because it's hurting my head to think about. And I don't understand why you'd say it," Brooke said.

Simon looked to her and sighed. But could he tell her the truth?