TwentyThree

Brooke's head was a mess. She felt like her and Simon had ended. He didn't think they were worth the risk and it destroyed her. Especially since she knew she had risked everything to be with him.

That morning, Brooke woke in bed. She looked to see Tom as he walked in. "Hey darling. You okay?" He asked. He was worried about his daughter. Especially after her breakdown the other day.

Brooke shrugged and sighed. "I'm fine."

"You sure?"

Brooke nodded. "I'm fine dad. Stop worrying about me," she mumbled.

Tom wasn't convinced. But he said nothing. He didn't want to upset her more than she clearly already was.

***
Tom took Brooke into school. He watched as she walked over to Ella. He was worried that Brooke had gotten too deep into something.

Tom got out the car and walked over to Ella. Brooke walked off. "What's going on?" He asked as he looked to his sister.

Ella sighed. "I don't know Tom. I wish I did. But I don't," she told him.

Tom nodded. He wasn't convinced. He knew Brooke confided in Ella more than she did with him. "You'd tell me wouldn't you? If you did know what was going on?" He asked.

"You know I would."

Tom nodded and walked off. Ella sighed. She knew that everything was a mess. She wanted to tell Tom what had happened. But she had promised Brooke she wouldn't.

***
Brooke was sitting in the library. She was with Dynasty and Barry. Brooke and Dynasty had gotten close over the last couple of weeks. And Barry had a crush on Brooke.

Brooke looked up as Simon walked in. She sighed as he walked over to her. "Brooke. Can I have a word? It's about the English essay I set," he said.

"Yeah. Fine. Whatever."

Simon sighed. Brooke walked off and followed him. "What? What do you have to say to me?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. Okay? I just wanted to check up on you."

Brooke rolled her eyes. "I'm fine. I just have my dad questioning me about why I'm heading for a breakdown."

Simon sighed as he looked to her. "You don't need to be like that. You're a strong girl. You can make it without me," he told her.

"Oh I know I can. I'm just pissed that you don't think we were worth the risk. It sucks. Because I would give up everything for you," Brooke mumbled.

Simon looked into her eyes and sighed. He knew that everything was a complete mess. He knew he had broken her heart which was the last thing he had wanted. "I'm sorry."

"Leave me alone."

***
Tom had seen the tension between Simon and Brooke. He knew something was going on between them. And he wanted to know what it was.

He knew Brooke wouldn't tell him. He knew she would clam shut and not say anything. He sighed as he made his way into simons classroom.

Ella walked in behind him. Simon turned to look at them. He smiled. "Is everything okay?" He asked.

Tom sighed. "Im going to ask you one question. And I want the truth."

Simon frowned. But he nodded. Not liking where this was going. "Go on?"

"Have you. Or have you not been having an affair with my daughter?"

Simon paled. But could he be honest about all of this?