TwentySeven

Brooke knew how she was feeling so broken about the whole situation with Simon. She wanted to make it all right. But she didn't know how she could do it.

Simon didn't want to talk to her. He wasn't answering her texts. She had even gone as far as to get a new number. But he soon caught on that it was her.

He had blocked her. She knew that she blamed herself. She hadn't been careful. And she had everyone gossiping about her which hurt more than she thought it would.

She didn't care what people thought. But she hated that they were saying Simon was a monster. How he had taken advantage of Brooke.

She knew that it was so far from the truth. She was the one who wanted him. She had been the one who had gone after him. She was the one to blame. But no one saw it that way.

All she knew was that things were a mess. And she just didn't know how to cope with it.

Morning came and she was lying in bed. She was still staying with Ella. Tom didn't want her back yet. She knew she missed her dad. But she could understand why.

She had betrayed him by sleeping with a colleague of his. And he hated how he hadn't seen it.

The door opened and Mia toddled in. She smiled. "Mine mummy sad. She says uncle tom is mad," she told her.

"Why?"

"Me no know. But me thinks it's cause my daddy has been nasty," Mia said as she climbed onto the bed. She cuddled into Brooke. "I loves you."

Brooke smiled. "I love you too squirt."

The door opened and Ella walked in. She smiled. "Hey. I'm making breakfast. Want anything?" She asked as she looked to her niece.

Brooke nodded. "Pancakes please. Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Don't worry."

***
Brooke reluctantly went into school. She saw everyone looking at her still. She sighed. "When do you think all of this will stop?" She asked, turning to Ella.

"I don't know hun. But the more you keep coming, the more it will soon be over. It's honestly going to be okay,"Ella told her.

Brooke sighed. She knew that it was hard for her. She hated that her life was so different now. And it was all down to an affair.

***
Brooke was sitting in the common room. She looked up as her dad walked in. He sighed. "Look, I thought you should know. Simon is allowed back. But you're not allowed near him. You're not in any of his classes," he said.

Brooke sighed. "Do you think there'll ever be a day when you're not mad at me? I didn't do this on purpose. I was happy. He made me happy," she told him.

Tom rolled his eyes. He looked to his daughter. "He didn't make you happy Brooke. It was sex. He told everyone he only had you for sex," he said.

Brooke frowned. She couldn't help but think this was a lie. She just didn't want to believe he would say that.

But was it a lie? Or was it the truth about how Simon really felt?