TwentySix

Brooke knew how she wasn't coping with anything. She felt like she had let everyone down. Especially her dad.

Simon wasn't talking to her. He had blocked her number. He hadn't been staying at his house. She knew how everything had been ruined and she didn't know how much more she could cope with.

Brooke felt like everyone was against her. Her dad wasn't even talking to her. He had kicked her out and she had been staying with Ella. Ella was the only one who was on her side.

She had no idea how on earth she was supposed to make things right with her dad. And with Simon. Especially when neither of them were talking to her.

All she knew was that her life was heading on a downward spiral. And she was worried for herself.

Morning came and she walked downstairs. Ella was there. She smiled. "Hey. Good morning. Bacon?" She asked.

Brooke just nodded. She sighed. "Where's Mia?"

"Max took her to the doctor for me. She's got her jab today. And I didn't fancy seeing them pricking my baby," Ella said as she looked to her.

Brooke nodded as she took the bacon sandwich from her aunt. "What's going to happen? To Mr Lowsley?" She asked.

Ella turned to look at her. She sighed. "I'm guessing there'll be an investigation. He'll have to face the police. And the GQC will get involved."

"Oh. Okay."

Ella smiled. "It will be okay. But I have to tell you. The police will probably want to talk to you too. To see if he took advantage of you," she told her.

Brooke shook her head. "No."

***
Brooke went into school. She saw how everyone was looking at her. She couldn't handle it. "Ella.I don't wanna be here."

"Hey. It'll be okay. I promise," Ella said.

Brooke shook her head. "No. Everyone is looking at me. Ella. Please. I can't do this," she sobbed.

"Brooke. You have to. You have to show them that you're not going to be looked down on. You made a mistake. But you can't let it defeat you."

Brooke wiped away some tears and sighed. She saw her dad looking at her with concern on his face. He turned and walked off.

***
Brooke was sitting in the common room. She was looking through her phone as she looked at photos of her and Simon when they were together.

She knew how she missed him. She wanted to see him again. She stood up and walked to the office. She saw Max's phone on the desk and picked it up.

He had a passcode. But she quickly guessed it was Mia's birthday. She scrolled through and found Simon's number.

She quickly sent a text asking him to meet her. But she worded it as if it was from Max. A few moments later, he replied with 'okay'.

Brooke deleted the texts and sighed. She left the office quickly.

***
Brooke looked up as she saw Simon. He frowned. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Are you setting me up?"

Brooke shook her head. "No! I wanted to see you. I love you. And I don't want this to ruin us," she said.

"Did Max Tyler set this up?"

"No. I text you from his phone. I just wanted to see you. Please. Don't hate me," Brooke sobbed.

Simon sighed and looked to her. "I don't hate you. But we can't be together now. Too much has happened. And I'm facing charges for this affair. We have to move on from each other."

Brooke watched as he walked off. But could they overcome all of this and finally be happy together? Or had she lost him for good?