TwentyTwo

Brooke was worried about weather or not Ella would tell someone about her and Simon. She was worried that everything was going to go completely wrong.

Brooke woke that morning and sighed. She looked up as Tom walked in. "Come on darling. I've made your breakfast."

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled.

Tom sighed. "I don't know what's going on with you. But you need to cheer up. It's the weekend. And Ella wants to take you out shopping," Tom told her.

Brooke frowned. "She wants to spend time with me?"

"Course she does! She's your aunty. She loves you," Tom said as he pulled her out of bed.

Brooke sighed and nodded. She looked at him. "Dad. If I messed up completely, you'd still love me right?" She asked.

"Course I would you daft sod. What's going on? You've been in a funk all week. And I'm worried about you."

Brooke sighed. She shook her head. "Nothing. I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. Don't worry dad."

***
Brooke went over to Ella's. Ella let her in and smiled. "Hey you. You've been avoiding me?" She asked.

"No. I've just been wallowing in self pity."

Ella rolled her eyes. "I've already said. I won't say anything. You just have to promise me that everything is going to be okay with you. And that you're going to try your hardest to make it all work at school."

Brooke nodded and sighed. She looked at her auntie. "I just hate how I've let so many people down. I had an affair with my deputy head," she mumbled.

"You haven't let anyone down. You fell in love. And that's okay. But you have to sit down and think about this... is Simon going to risk it all for you? I know you've said you will risk it for him. But will he do it for you?" Ella asked.

Brooke shrugged. "I don't know. That's why I haven't really talked to him. I haven't even text him. I just... I don't want to risk giving him my heart if he's not willing for me," she said.

***
Brooke and Ella were sitting in a cafe. Brooke sighed as her phone lit up. It was Simon. Brooke looked to Ella who smiled. "What's he want?"

Brooke opened the text and felt tears. She looked at her aunty. "He says he doesn't know if we're worth the risk. That he can't lose his Job because of me," she sobbed.

Ella took her hand and smiled. "It'll be okay. I know it will. You're going to find the man of your dreams. It might not be right away. But you will. And you'll forget all about Simon Lowsley."

"I don't want to forget him though. I love him," Brooke mumbled.

"I know darling. But maybe he doesn't love you enough. And I don't want you wasting all your efforts on someone. You're going to get your happy ending. I promise."

***
Brooke went back home. She looked at Tom and broke down crying. Tom held her as she sobbed. He knew that there was something going on with his daughter and he was worried.

But could he get her to open up?