CHAPTER 68: BLOODY ENCOUNTER

JADE

“What do you mean he dissappear?”

Pinahiran ni Simon ang pawis na namuo kanyang noo bago sumagot sa tanong namin at huminga ng malalim.

“Hinahanap ko siya para sana mag group photo. Nagtanong din ako sa halos lahat na kaklase natin at schoolmates pero walang nakakita sa kanya. Nilibot ko ang buong gymnasium pero hindi ko talaga siya nakita eh” napakamot nalang sa ulo si Simon habang nilibot ulit ang tingin sa paligid kung saan nagusap-usap ang iba naming mga kaklase.

Kinuha ko ang aking cellphone tapos ay nag-dial sa number ni Lucas pero nag ring lang ito at hindi niya sinasagot. Kahit nag message ako ay wala din. Sa pagkakaalam ko ay wala din iyong social media account kasi hindi niya iyon gusto. Napatingin din ako sa paligid pero kahit anino niya ay wala.

Nasaan na ba ang lalaking iyon?

“Hanapin ko muna s'ya. Iwan ko muna kayong dalawa mukhang may importante kayong pinagusapan” agad na umalis si Simon sa aming harapan habang patuloy sa paghahanap kay Lucas.

Binaling ni Bryce ang tingin sa akin at nagtama ang aming mata. Kami ay nanatiling nakatayo at tahimik pero bago naging akward ang pagitan sa aming dalawa ay nagsalita na siya.

“You're right its for her” Bryce commented and inhaled sharply as he put both of his hands inside his pockets before he continue. “Nadala siguro ako sa sitwasyon kaya nasabi ko iyon lalo na sa araw ngayon”

“What's special about this day?” I asked.

His mouth slightly gapped and started to tremble. Bryce gulped then I notice on how he hardly clinched his fist when he remove from his pocket and put it behind his back.

“Today is my younger sister's birthday. She supposedly to be eighteen”

My mouth open. It feels like all of my words were stuck inside my throat and my head went blank. I wanted to tell him something but I couldn't find an appropriate words on how to put them together. However I know he's devastated right now and its been a year that his sister is gone.

“I couldn't see her for the last time after she passed away. The worst part was I couldn't attend her funeral or even visited her during the mourning because I was forbidden to do it. Even for the last time looking at her inside the coffin, couldn't do it. That brokes my heart. I couldn't go to my little sister even that day” his voice started to cracked and it was filled with sadness on what happen. “Even today I know I couldn't go 'cause for sure someone would see me which is why I visited her to days no one could see me”

“Bryce...”

“I wish I could turn back the time to do everything again. To correct the mistake that I commited. What if I answered her call back then would everything be the same? Would she be alive? I regret not picking it” he added sadly and continue to blame himself.

“She call you?” I asked and he nodded.

“But its pointless now. There's no such thing to go back to the past which is why I'll catch the criminal who trully killed my sister and I would never forgive them” Bryce remarked as he gritted his teeth in anger and I could see the determination in his eyes on how he wants to catch that person.

I patted his shoulder and forced to smile to him to give him encouragement. His anger lowered then he look deeply into my eyes.

“Let's visit EJ. I'm sure she'll be happy”