Chapter 24~ Life or Death...

Song== "In Her Tomb By The Sounding Sea" by Alesana

Picture== Just a guy carrying a girl in his arms ^_^ <3

~~i will save your life

its happening again, 

its happening again

i wont watch you die

its happening again, 

its happening again

i can see its not the first time

you have come and taken her from me

Rest assured it's not the last time,

I'm going to set you free.~~

CHAPTER 24~ Life or Death...

            Torture…

            I’ve lost count on how long I’ve been held here, I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve raped me, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve cried…screamed…bled…

It’s been far too long and it baffled me on how my body hasn’t yet abdicated—for it to cry uncle and shut down. One would expect hypothermia to have carried me away to my grave by now…or the lack of nutrients and blood. Yet, none of that has seemed to suffice as an excuse legitimate enough to have death glide over my soul and free me of my torturous shackles. At this point, they had relented in hoping I was going to offer them the slightest of information they needed—by now, it has sunk in deep in their cerebellum that I know nothing—yet they refused to let me go, or to kill me. Instead, they come in periodically to prop my mouth open and pour some water down my throat, or they simply strip down and open my legs for some sexual relief. My lack of energy and voice has left me to wither away under their diabolical hands. Yesterday however, Malik stopped by with what I considered good news, he was going to liberate me—set me free. Albeit not in the way one would expect. I was to be liberated spiritually, not physically. At long last, my death sentence has arrived and soon I was to rekindle with all those loved ones that have fallen before me. My cadaverous-like mind began to ponder the many joys that will come with my death, will I still have the capability to wander around and say my final farewells to my family and friends? Will I be at peace, or  be bleak? Will I have the strength to forgive those who have done me wrong, or will I forever float in a state of implacability?

            I blinked twice, hoping to hydrate my irritated eyes—by now, my contacts might have incarnated with my retinas from continuous wear. I do remember asking for them to remove them, but they threatened to pop out my entire eyeball from its socket it I continued with my demands so I simply closed my mouth and kept it to myself. They say isolation breaks even the strongest soldier, and no matter how much internal strength I garnered, I ended up beyond repair—cut down to strips and splayed out without end.

The door knob gave a small jiggle, jolting my body into awareness. This was it; Malik was here to kill me—as he had irrevocably promised yesterday. It seems he is a man of his word after all. I closed my eyes and I mouthed one final prayer before going down a list of final farewells that no one will ever hear. Lastly, I mustered up the strength to think of Nahuel again, of his tousled brown hair, matching brown eyes--that albeit held many cold dark secrets also carried such soft tenderness whenever they dropped their guard. How his strong secure arms would wrap themselves around me with such ease, such familiarity. It all seemed so cliché, a fairy tale story of a lost girl…but where was the happy ending?

            Fresh, unwanted tears stung my dry eyes, bringing back a single emotion in my numb body.

Remorse…