Chapter 6~ A Sorrowful Good-Bye

VOTE <<<<<<<<<

COMMENT

FAN!

Chapter 6

The police officers didn't waist a second to place us in hand cuffs, they were not even slightly gentle about it either.

“Are you aware of the huge disaster you two have caused?” one of them scolded, he was was holding onto my arm in an iron grip. I was past caring at the moment, really, they had us now so why waist their breath.

“We didn't cause nothing.” Izzy snapped, a few steps behind me – another officer holding on to her – “If you guys would of just left us alone, we would have been long gone and out of your hair.”

Beside me the officers mouth twisted, “Don't talk back to me girl. Learn some manners.”

“Whatever.”

Of course, Izzy was never one to keep her mouth shut. Honestly, she is a very open person, saying the things how they truly are without a filter to avoid hurting feelings. It was a good trait at times, but when it comes to officers, best zip it up. They took us back to their cruisers, only leaving three cops behind to try and clean up the iron mess we left imprinted on a tree. Really, these officers had my respect up to the point that they placed Izzy and me in the same car. Unwise. I tried not to show any emotions just if case something gave me away and they decide to over look their actions by taking Izzy to the other car. I looked down as if finding interest in the dark brown smudges on my pants.

“Small world isn't it Elaine?” a deep voice asked from the driver seat in the car. I snapped my head up at the sound of my name.

“I'm sorry what?”

I met the officer's eyes through his rear view mirror, he had ice blue eyes with dark hair – that was neatly tucked under his cap – his skin had a touch of a honey color to it, along with a masculine face that was well complemented by a square jaw. He was quite handsome, perhaps too handsome to be a cop.

He flashed me a dimpled smile, “You don't remember me do you, Elaine?”

“Should I?” what an odd thing to ask, it's not like I am a huge trouble maker that I tend to get close to a lot of cops. In fact, this is my first time getting into the back seat of a police car – not that I have been in one before to begin with.

“Well I suppose maybe you wouldn't by now. It has been a while,” he chuckled, “It's me, Christian. I used to be your neighbor back when you were little. You used to play with my son Sean all the time, you two were inseparable. How long has it been? Nine? Ten years?”

Yes, that definitely did ring a bell. It was a while back as he said but not long enough for me to forget. I remember how when I would miss the bus back in the 1st grade, he volunteered to drive me to school along with Sean. Now that was a name I haven't heard in a long time. Sean had the most adorable dimples – similar to the ones Christian is sporting at the moment – and forest green eyes that could make someone loose themselves just by staring into them. Those where some neat times, Sean had a great sense of humor and wasn't one of those boys who would push aside a girl just because he thought she was 'too girly' to play with the guys. I remember that one time, I even kicked his butt in soccer and he was the one taking lessons not me. I also happen to remember how upset I was when they had to move away, I didn't even want to let Sean go when he gave me a good-bye hug. I had been distraught by his departure, since after all he was my best friend. As to where he had moved to, I don't recall at all.

I returned a smile back a Christian half-heatedly, “Yes, I remember now. How you doin' Christian? How's Sean?” well this couldn't get better. Reunions like these aren't suppose to work this way. Me in the back seat of a police car while he drove it.