Chapter 1~There is no place like home

• Dedicated to All the amazing people taking their time to read this <3

hello everyone!

 Ok, so guys don't be so quick to judge. I know this story may seem to look cliche and all but please if you would just give it a chance you'll see that it is NOTHING of what you expected ^_^  

feel free to vote, comment and fan <3 (you'll get a cookie if you do haha).

Enjoy <3

                    So there is always that odd saying, 'love isn't always fair'...yeah, you know that one everyone at least mutters out once or twice when they break up with someone that was supposed "The One"

The exact saying people refer to when they are moping around at home, a box of Kleenex in one hand, a big bucket of cookie dough ice cream in the other while the movie 'The Notebook' is playing over and over again on T.V.

I for one had always been repulsed by those times, when my friend would text me, crying over 'Love' I just don't believe in that stuff, I don't believe in heartbreaks, and I don't believe in wasting my precious tears over a cruel guy, who in the end didn't deserve them.

At least I didn't until I met Him.

It's quite a long story really, one that at the end left a bittersweet taste in my mouth. Yet, every time I look back I can't help but tell myself that I would do it all over again if I was given the chance. But I suppose I can spare a moment.

It all started when I got the news that we were going to move to Texas...

"please you must understand sweetie, that this change will be for the best of everybody," my mother implored "you'll make new friends, start fresh, we'll be problem free since your father's company will take advance there"

"I don't care about daddy's job, or money, or making new friends!" I exclaimed "I love it here in Florida! Our family is here, my true friends are here! And most of all I hate change!"

tears prickled at the back of my eyes, but I tried to swallow them back with as much force as I can possibly muster. My mother let out an exasperated sigh, making it clear that our discussion was over, wise of her not to fight with me over this anymore. She got up from the dinner table, picking up her dirty plate, she avoided my eyes placing it in the sink with a clatter. I was about to get up too, as ideas of running away consumed my mind. I was definitely not going to Dallas even if it killed me. Languidly I pushed back on my chair, hearing the legs cry out in agony against the hardwood floor, the sound made my mother flinch but she remained silent. I rose, marching toward my half-empty room (since most of my things were already packed) wanting so desperately to cry, to scream out to those few who would be willing to listen and release me from this misery. But no one listened, they were all blinded by the fact that this will bring more money, and apparently, money means happiness, well if they love money so much then why don't they just marry it and get it over with. I can't just pick up and leave when I just started high school. When I am applying for a scholarship here in Miami Florida! My family, my friends, my home. I will not let that go! I just can't, I don't care what my parents say, I am staying and that is that.

There was a knock at my door, it was probably my mother again.

"Go away!" I bellowed, burying my head into the mattress, the tears welling up again, this time they seemed to close to try and stop, but I fought against it one way or another.

" Elaine, it's me, Aunt Sabine" a honey sweet voice called from the other side. I sat up on my bed if there was anyone that could make this any better it might be Aunt Sabine, my mom's older sister.