Chapter 9~What are the odds?

Vote and comment and fan <3

This chapter is dedicated to {roxxy2o9} for being totally awesome and helping me with critiques ^_^ make sure to check out her stories! She is an amazing writer and deserves all the support she can get.

Now the picture to the left>>>>>>>>

At the end, take a guess who it is ;)

By the way, please listen to this song. It was my inspiration to this story along with another two songs that you'll see in the distant future.

**You don't know anything...you don't know anything...you don't know anything about me.Once it starts, it never stops..Discipline, it's all I'm not..Can't help myself, you listening?..Why can't I say just what I want?

You don't know anything

No, you don't know anything about me

Steady damage, cross the line

What's become clearly defined

Steady damage, cross the line

What's become clearly defined****

            “Salve Liberi,” ‘hello children’,

            “Salve Magistra!” ‘Hello Teacher!’ the class chorused, as I stood at the foot of the door looking like a fool. Sure, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to know what they were saying, Latin isn’t so far off of English or Spanish—in which I speak fluently—but what really boggles my mind is that I actually ended up in this class. I wasn’t even remotely aware that this class even existed! Wasn’t Latin a dead language? The teacher suddenly averted her squinty eyes at my direction.

            “A new student?” she clapped her hands enthusiastically, beckoning me forward. She was a jolly old thing, with thinning frost white hair, a round wrinkled face, and small brown eyes. Standing beside her made me feel like a skyscraper as her petite frame just hit shy of my shoulder.

I licked my dry lips, “uhm, yeah.” I muttered, my eyes dancing over each face in the class, “I’m Elaine,”

            “Marvelous!”  She beamed, “welcome Elaine, to Latin 1. Here take a seat—” she motioned to a front row seat across from her desk. Just my luck—“I’ll get someone to catch you up to speed, but first—everyone! Let us give Elaine a proper welcoming. Dice, Salve Elaine!”

            “Salve Elaine,” they all cheered, most had smiled on their faces as they greeted me while others seemed relatively uninterested.

            “Salve,” I responded, scurrying over to my seat before any additional questions were to be asked.

            Thus, the class took its normal course; new student forgotten. I took out my binder and pencil as the teacher instructed we do translations from specific textbook pages. One could imagine my expression as she began to speak Latin as if we all knew precisely what she meant—I felt completely and utterly lost. Lost and alone—she would turn to me, a wolfish smile on her wrinkly face and proceed with her fluent tongue as more foreign words jumbled out. As stupid as I am, all I was able to do was smile back and nod vigorously. Just praying that what she was saying was nothing important.

I don’t think I fooled her because just then she averted her gaze toward the girl beside me, “Aldana, sweetie be a doll and help Elaine catch up on the basics while I explain the new unit.”