Chapter 11~Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Hey guys! 

Finally got the chapter down ha ha! Any who, picture to the right is "Aldana" and the song is awesome lol sorta something Elaine would want to sing to Nauel sometime

~You think that we should hook-up, but I think that we should not~You had me at hello, then you opened up your mouth~And that is when it started going south~What about “no” don’t you get~So go and tell your friends I’m not really interested~It’s about time that you’re leavin’ I’m gonna count to three and~Open my eyes and You’ll be gone~ Take a hint! Take a hint!~~

     Chapter 11:

      As the school day reached its peak, I packed up to head on home—much to my dread, for I knew who waited for me on the bus.

            Brrringgg!!! Brriiiingg!!! Brriiiingg!!

The bell buzzed, declaring another day of school as officially over. I exit my class ever so hesitantly, but as I saw Aldana waiting for me outside, I found myself relaxing gradually.

            “So, Elaine,” she began once I was within earshot, “I was thinking I should walk you to your bus since it’s by mine,”

            My brows shot up to my hairline, “You don’t have to though,”

            She lifted her shoulders in a half shrug, “there is nothing wrong with wanting to be a good sport…”

            “So you’re telling me this has nothing to do with what happened to me during lunch?”

            That had been enough to cause a crack in her well composed demeanor, “out of all the people in this school, you decide to mess around with, Nahuel?! You’re lucky Justin went out to look for you.” We reached the exit by then, and she halted briskly to face me, “Elaine, please tell me that Justin wasn’t lying when he said you want nothing to do with Nahuel and he’s just buggin’ ya and won’t leave ya alone.”

            I nodded surly, “Yes, he didn’t lie. I swear, since the first day I got here Nahuel’s been on my trail.”

She scrutinized my face before nodding, “Okay, I believe you. But what I don’t get is what he would want with you specifically.” She mused, opening the door for us to slip through, “I mean no offense but you aren’t the spontaneous type of girl that’s usually out there.”

I bit my lip, contemplating, “Well, I don’t know what either but he better stop.”

            “Maybe it’s something you told him,” She offered, “what did you talk about yesterday when you first met?”

I shrugged while recalling that dreadful first day here, “nothing much. I was on my laptop in the library, and he sat down across from me. Asked me when lunch ended, so I told him. After that he started asking too many questions so I got up and left but he offered to take me to class.”

            “What did you say?” she urged; her face completely serious for once, it threw me off.

            “No, of course. After that he wouldn’t even leave me alone. He even stole my schedule to find out my name,” I lowered my voice, “that creeper.”

            She bobbed her head thoughtfully, “Yep, Nahuel was never one for rejections. Too used to having girls drool over him. But what was that about him stealing your schedule?”

We stopped beside the tail of my bus, I hugged myself in the frigid cold, “Well it turns out I never lost my schedule in the library. He had taken it from my bag and didn’t return it ‘til after school on the bus.”