Chapter 13~Say Yes...Hell No!

Song to the right>>> = Awesome!

Picture to the right>> = Nahuel's sexy bod! xD Don't ask why I put it, I just felt it necessary *Swoon*

Would you like to know something that never helps when you are drop dead tired? A teacher preaching in the most boring, monotone voice humanly possible.

I folded my arms up over the desk and delved my head in the center, letting my eyes flutter close as my Chemistry teacher—Mr. Utley—continued on with the days lesson; stopping every fifteen minutes to vent over how horrible his life has become after his fiancé ditched him at the altar. I mean don’t get me wrong, I empathize the guy but honestly going on and on about it isn’t going to bring her back.

            “…equations of mole-to-mole basis shouldn’t be hard for you guys. This is Chemistry guys not rocket-science. We use basic math skills, so I do not see how seventy-five percent of this class’ students failed the quiz.” He continued, sounding not a bit interested in what he was saying. “You have to put passion into each equation—just like the same passion I showed Patricia. But did she appreciate it? No, apparently not because she took all my money and left! Traveled to Vegas and wasted it all on casinos and cheap jewelry! Even after all we went through! I gave her my heart and she…”

By then I toned him out enough that his low voice was nothing but a rumble of background music. God was I tired! I didn’t manage to sleep a blink last night and that was no thanks to Nahuel. That stupid idiot, he left me out in the frigid—dark—parking lot alone and without the slightest clue as to where I was. So after wandering around for an hour or so I finally reached the familiar corner of my apartment building, I hobbled up the stairs due to the frostbite on my toes then once inside I got the beating of my life by my father. The entire time he scolded me severely on how I should never attempt to run away again blah, blah, blah. Luckily the cold had numbed my body enough that I didn’t feel every harsh blow of his belt buckle on my skin—not that I can say the same about this morning. I awoke with sore spots all over my back and shoulders…but nothing that a little icy-hot couldn’t manage to fix up. I did manage to explain to my father about what really happened though, and he did apologize, but it wasn’t like he could suddenly take back the pain that I endured due to his brutal hands—or to be literal his brutal belt. Tears rimmed the back of my closed eyes but I refused to cry—especially here in class. So instead I let my imagination soar and before I knew it, my hyperactive mind had taken me to one of my favorite scenes of this teen-romance novel I’ve been reading; of how the sexy protagonist battles his inner demons for the power of love, for his girl. Then he runs to her house and knocks down her door from its hinges, demanding to speak with her, imploring that she give him another chance—to give them another chance—that he has never felt such intense vehemence towards any other girl. The strong pull that she gave was enough to drive him to insanity. After some doubt and struggles they would seal it with a fiery kiss that fogged up the entire room due to the sultry, a kiss filled with eternal promises—a kiss that can never truly exist in reality.

            Almost on cue there was a light nudge to my left elbow, so hesitant, afraid even. Rolling my head with lazy sluggishness, I revealed only half my face; enough for me to see. It was Brandon.

            “What?” I flinched as the word came out sharper than intended. His reaction only proved he took it that way as well, since he licked his dry lips and stuttered slightly as he choked on his words.

            “Uhm…I uh, I just wanted to uh…” he scratched at his neck, averting his gaze. I raised my eyebrows at him, watching as perspiration began to show along the curve of his fair eyebrows.