Chapter 26~ Nahuel's POV

Picture>>>Nahuel (new and improved ;D)

Song>>> "Young" cover by James Arthur

"I've made a lot of mistakes in my past, but I refuse to live there, nah. I saw a lot of heart break in the past, but I refuse to go there, ah. It hurts too much, I'm looking for a crutch. I'm looking for just any girl, just for a touch. I let my angst out, I let myself go...."

^^^That seriously fits with what Nahuel's thinking really is...

Chapter 26~ Nahuel’s POV

            As I continued down the hall, toward the waiting room, an aching guilt cloaked me with such suffocating force that I had to pause to catch my breath. I’ve done it—I lied to Elaine without skipping a beat—and she believed every word. Why wouldn’t she? At this point, she trusted me with her life. Perhaps I can just work this to my advantage; no one has to know I took part in her framing. But could I really stand by while they take her to jail?

            Pressing my lips, I amble into the waiting room and as soon as Aldana sees me, she shoots out of her seat. Her eyes are dimmer than usual, not to mention she’s a few shades paler with dark circles under her eyes. If you were to ask me, I’d say she worries too much, but then again, I’d be a hypocrite to even judge considering the fact that I might look worse than she.

            “Is she awake? Is everything alright? Can I go in and see her?” She bombarded, trotting over to me, her hands reaching for my biceps, digging her stubby nails into my skin.

            “Relax, Aldana. She just woke up.” I grimaced, prying her hands away from me. It’s safe to say, any physical action from her makes me uncomfortable, not to mention it’s awkward. I’ve seen and done things with Aldana that one would only do during a honeymoon. Swallowing the back the sour bile forming in my mouth, I cleared my throat. “She, uh, knows about her brother, and she didn’t take it well at all.”

            Aldana’s face dimmed even more, tears rimming her eyes. “Well can you blame her? He was her little brother—her only brother!”

            I winced, “Keep it down, Aldana. My head hurts as it is.”

            Her eyes narrowed, “Quit with the bad boy act. I know you worry for her. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be standing here now.”

            “This is digressing too much.” I muttered, scratching the growing stubble on my jaw, “it’s like roaming into the weird side of YouTube, it both makes a person uncomfortable and makes you question logic.”

            “That’s rich, coming from you,” She rolled her eyes, rubbing away at any stray tear. “Can I go in now?”

            “Yeah,” I nodded, already turning back down the hall I came from.

            “Oh, you’re coming along?”

            I stopped but didn’t look at her, “yeah, so?”

            I heard her chuckle, “No reason.”

Without another thought, I made my way back to Elaine; not exactly waiting to see if Aldana caught up or was left behind. It isolated me with my haunting thoughts once again. Of all the things I’ve done, the calamity in this was catching up fast but problem was that it was affecting those around me. I felt like karma was evading me, hunting down innocent prey—Elaine being its priority. Perhaps not even Elaine, her little brother, he was gone and it sent a pang of agonizing guilt just thinking of what his last minutes in this world were like. Did they torture him? Was his death quick?