Chapter 21~ Freedom Came With Its Price

Sorry for late uploads. School is really kicking me in the butt right now :( It's brutal LOL

Anywho, here we go! Landslide!!!!!

Song== "I Don't Care" By Apocalyptica (ft. Adam Gontier or Three Days Grace)

Picture== Tears and Shadows. 

"I try to make it through my life, in my way, there's you. I try to make it through these lies, and that's all I do. Just don't deny it, don't try to fight this, and deal with it, that's just part of it. IF YOU WERE DEAD OR STILL ALIVE, I DON'T CARE! I DON'T CARE! JUST GO AND LEAVE THIS ALL BEHIND, 'COZ I SWEAR! (I swear) I DON'T CARE!"

Chapter 21~ Freedom Came With Its Price

            Emotions are such an atrocious form of conscious experience. Why humans experience these emotions twice as magnified above any other creature in this world is beyond me. It is said that emotion is often associated and considered reciprocally influential with mood, temperament, personality, disposition, and motivation—the motivation being positive or negative. Emotions are also classified in six distinct forms: anger, disgust, fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise. It has come to my attention however, that heartbreak was not listed within these sectors of emotions. I’ve experienced them all; some more than others. Heartbreak has been present among them as well, so why has it not been of importance to the public. Are we all so ashamed in feeling such a potent emotion that we wimp away from the facts?

Emotions have also been described as discrete and consistent responses to internal or external events which have particular significance for the organism. I for one feel they are a weakness, not a ‘significance’. It all comes down to the same conclusion: all these emotions that come so mundanely to us are simply dysfunctional in every shape way or form!

            ‘Do you truly believe that?’ my subconscious countered, ‘Do you think that feeling nothing for the rest of your life will solve all your issues? To never fall in love when you should? To never smile for the joy of being happy—and not just because the muscles around your mouth feel the urge to contract? Are you really that weak, Elaine? Are you?’

            I shook my head, both answering it and wanting to dissolve the voice from my mind. I shouldn’t even question myself; the damage was done and now here I lay sulking over a guy that I had once swore never to even care for. He had accomplished it though, I congratulate him, he broke me, he seriously cracked open my protective shell and smashed up every wall until there was nothing left but small fragments of what had been. It had been brutal too, as if trying to fight your way against a strong current all while weighing nothing more than a feather. I was exhausted. The raw edges around the internal hole in my chest throbbed every few seconds, making futile attempts to regenerate. I wasn’t as strong as I thought, and thanks to that Nahuel won the battle. Tears stung the back of my eyes, but I was too debilitated to fight against them. wandering from the corner of my eyes, each salty tear took a stroll down my rounded cheeks, leaving their wet trail behind. I was seriously crying; I was shedding tear after useless tear like the imbecile I was.

            You won Nahuel…these tears are for you, in celebration of you being oh so victorious.

I continued to weep silently to myself; my body curling up into a fetal ball on my bed. My languid movements dragged up my bed covers and tangled them snuggly around my sobbing form. How does he do it? Truly, I am curious to know. All these sinister techniques he uses with each of his female victims just work so flawlessly. Is it that charming smile? Or is it that protective vibe he radiates whenever he embraces them tightly?