Pixlzloy • Skeleton

My way overdue one-shot for the boo game lol (I was booed by the @/HermittpadRolepay)!
It's been a while since I've published anything, but nevertheless I hope you enjoy!
I do apologise for any grammar/spelling mistakes.
Prompt: Skeleton
Tw: light angst, some shipping is involved
Wc: Around 2.9 (2980 words)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a somewhat sunny day, with more clouds scattered around than the sunlight and both Zloy and Pixl were exploring.

But then the weather changed and it started to lightly rain. Yet, the sun was still out.

Zloy let out a short yell, as he felt droplets land on him. His hand quickly flew to his head.

Pixl looked at him concerned, "You okay?"

"Nope! It's raining! The sun's out though."

Pixl glanced up, as he realised droplets were falling on him too. "Huh, that's interesting."

"Yeah, you think we should find shelter?"

"It could get worse, so probably," Pixl nodded, "I don't fancy getting too wet either," He giggled.

"Uh-huh, I'm sure you don't."

"You're going to tell the opposite, that you don't want to get too wet either?"

"...no, I don't want to get too wet either," Zloy slowly admitted.

"Ay, he admitted it! Good job!"

Zloy gave him a look, though fondness was laced all over it.

He glanced back up. "I think I saw a cave somewhere..." He mumbled. "Yeah I did, c'mon follow me!" And like that, Zloy started walking in a different direction with Pixl following behind him.

After one small lost turn, they found the cave and took shelter there. By now, they were half-wet. Striking a torch, their surroundings were now more illuminated.

"It goes down I think," Pixl said, peering down the cave that seemed to stretch on and on. "You think we should stay here or go further down-?"

"I say, go down! We're supposed to be exploring, after all."

"I was afraid you'd say that."

Zloy chuckled. "Well I mean, if you want, we can always wait up here?" He offered.

"Nah, it's fine. Besides, if something comes up I'll just push you in front first."

"I- wait, hey! Pixl!" Zloy wheezed. "And they call me the evil one."

"You're not." Pixl momentarily glanced at the ceiling, thinking if he wanted to say the next part. Thinking that yes he did want to say it, he said it anyway. "You could be my knight in shining armour though," Pixl teased, he winked.

Zloy's face turned a shade of red, his eyes a bit open having been caught off guard. "I-" He stood quiet before a small smile came to his face. "And what would you be: a damsel, someone, in distress?"

It seemed it was Pixl's turn for a blush to form. He blushed, "Uh.. well- oh."

Zloy lightly laughed, "You don't think this far, did you?"

"Yeah... I didn't-"

"Of course," Zloy shook his head. He walked forward and pulled Pixl into a hug, wrapping his arms around him. Pixl leaned into the embrace.

They stood there for a little bit before Zloy pulled away. "We should probably continue exploring, shouldn't we?"

"We probably should."