Zed • Kite

Continuing HermittpadRecap spring prompts challenge! The fifth prompt is kite. 
I do apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes.
Tw: none
Wc: About 773 words
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment Zed woke and glanced out his window, a brilliant idea came to him. 

It was still earlier on the Hermitcraft server and most were still not awake yet.... except, of course, the admin himself - Xisuma and perhaps anyway else that decided they really needed to finish something and stayed awake... they were most likely going to end up crashing half-way through the day.

But today was a weekend, so most took the time to sleep in and get a much needed rest.

Zed was fully prepared to go back to sleep when he saw the time, but a quick glance out the window gave him an idea he couldn't resist.

See ever since the weather started changing and the long, dimmer days of winter started passing by and turning into the bright days of spring, Zed had been wanting to go kite flying.

And what better way to go kite flying than turning it into a server wide event! And that's what Zed's idea was all about.

Throwing the blankets to the side, Zed got out of bed and hurried along with his morning. He was off to go find Xisuma after finishing up a couple of things.

After accidentally scaring the poor admin who hadn't expected anyone to drop by, Zed proposed his idea. Hesitant at first, Xiusma eventually agreed because after all, it would be a fun event for all the Hermits. Besides, how wrong could it go? Well, time could only tell.

The weather was perfect for kite flying. The sky was a nice shade of blue with only a couple of clouds scattered around and there was a decent wind. It was not too strong but also not too soft.

Typing a message on his communicator, Xisuma sent a message to all their Hermits announcing that a server wide event would commence this afternoon and if they wanted to join they could drop by. He added a set of cords at the end of the message.

Despite the fact it was completely unplanned, Xisuma knew that some of the Hermits would see it. And the ones that did see it would drag someone else with them, meaning most, if not all would end up coming.

While Xisuma figured out some of the technical details, Zed was busy getting things ready.

Stress had dropped by while he was setting things up, wondering if she could help with anything. Zed declined, far too happy to see someone.

After asking a couple more times, Stress realised Zed wasn't going to nudge. Deciding she was going to do something, Stress along with three other Hermits that also dropped by helped prepare some treats for after the event.

It was almost afternoon now and slowly by slowly the Hermits started dropping by.

Gathering them all in one place, Xisuma took a deep breath. Zed had convinced him he needed to say something... and give a small speech.

"Right, well most of you are here because of the server event... which is kite flying! This idea is proposed by Zed and since it's very unplanned, the goal here is to simply have fun!" Xisuma smiled. "And yes, that means no prize."

A couple of Hermits groaned at hearing this but were quickly hushed by the rest.

Walking up to Xisuma, Zed whispered something in his ear. Xisuma paused, before nodding. "With that being said, you have an hour to make your kite before we test them out and get into the actual kite flying!" He continued. "And please, nobody stick each other with glue or throw anyone into a river."

A couple of chuckles and laughter ran through the group at the admin's words. However, there was no doubt that he was being serious.

Excitement ran through them and they soon dismantled into smaller groups or individual ones too.

And like that, the rest of the day was spent in company and laughter.

Scar ended up making one dedicated to Jellie, while Bdubs made one very diorite like in an attempt to annoy Iskall. Mumbo made his design more redstone like and Impulse went more grander, opting for an emerald style. And then there was Doc's... we don't talk about Doc's.

Each Hermits' kite had their own twist and some sort of personality to it.

So all in all, it was a good day with a much needed day of leisure and simply enjoyment itself.

-AquaticMcFan
May you fly over the rainbow and find peace! Thanks for reading!