Mumskall • Meadow

Continuing HermittpadRecap spring prompts challenge! The third prompt is meadow. This was originally supposed to be a bit shorter, but I slightly got carried away lol. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy! I do apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes.
Background: Early Season 9
Tw: minor angst, some shipping is involved
Wc: About 1.7k (1790 words)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iskall hummed as he made his way towards where he had heard Mumbo was starting out. "Mumbo!" He yelled, in an attempt to make his appearance known.

"My goodness, why are there so many trees!?" He muttered, seeing so many trees grouped together in a circle. He smiled, spotting Mumbo poke his head through a door that was placed in between the trees.

"Iskall-?" Mumbo muttered. "What are you doing here?" He asked in confusion.

"Visiting, of course!" Iskall replied. "Though uh, why the trees?"

"That's Grian's fault..."

"I should've known," Iskall chuckled, shaking his head. "For a second, I thought you were going back to your peace, love and plants thing."

"Cleo already told me that was 'invalid' by now..." Mumbo softly sighed. "Unfortunately," He added with a smile; a sparkle twinkled in his eyes.

"Speaking of plants! Guess what?"

"Umm... you met a chicken?"

"I- Mumbo!" Iskall lightly laughed. "I was the chicken... until I suffocated of course."

"What?" Mumbo tilted his head in confusion.

"Don't worry about it," Iskall smiled. "Besides, that's not quite what I had in mind but that's okay. We're going on an adventure - somewhat, I want to show you something!"

"Oh, that makes more sense- I'm not sure what I thought of that anyway..."

"Because it's you. And may I ask, what's behind those trees?"

Mumbo glanced at the trees, "My vault! And my chests and furnace, pretty much. Most importantly my vault, though."

"Why a vault?"

"Well, if I'm going to be the rich hermit this season, I'm going to need somewhere to store my valuables."

Iskall grinned, "Well then, I wish you luck in that one."

"Why, thank you," Mumbo smiled. "So where is this something of yours?"

"Ah! Well," Iskall scratched the back of his neck. "We have to travel there first."

Mumbo raised a questioning eyebrow. "Not to worry; I know the way," He continued. "Mostly, I think..." Iskall muttered under his breath. It was quiet enough that Mumbo didn't catch it and if he did, he didn't comment on it... which would've been very un-Mumbo, so the chances are he didn't.

"We have to go by boat first!" Iskall gestured to Mumbo to follow him and of course, Mumbo did so.

"By boat? I really hope I don't get thrown overboard halfway through," Mumbo light-heartedly commented.