Tango • Hope

Way overdue continuation of FandomsUnite05 Switcheroo challenge, using the prompt hope (fluff-->angst).
I do apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes.
Tw: some shipping is involved, angst
Wc: Around 1k ( 1102 words)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tango woke up with a jump, his breathing heavy. He was shaking, his eyes flickered as he adjusted to his surroundings. It was still dark, he had awoken around some hour of the night. He waited a good couple of minutes as he tried to calm his heavy breathing down.

Tango tilted his head, feeling something wet on his cheeks. Reaching to his cheeks, he realised it was wet. Tears? Shaking his head, he gasped a little for breath. He had awoken from a deep nightmare. He didn't remember what it exactly was about but whatever he dreamed of, it had apparently shaken him quite badly.

His eyes flickered around the room, before finally landing onto his open window. His white curtains moved around as the cold breeze that entered swayed it around. Some rays of moonlight shined through his window, illuminating his room with a faint light.

Getting up, he moved from his bed and he walked over to the seat that was built under his window still. Sitting down, he glanced outside. While he appeared to be looking outside, his mind was wandering about, getting lost in his endless thoughts.

Though there were always some specific words that seemed to haunt him...along with a specific someone. The one-word hope, always rendered back to him regardless of anything or his current situation.

There was one thing for sure and that was that he was in love with a specific someone and that someone happened to be already in love with someone else. That someone happened to be Impulse...

Impulse...how had he fallen in love with him? Tango just couldn't grasp onto that...yet his feelings for him were already too strong and they seemed to only grow stronger.

In the beginning, he had hoped that Impulse would love him back but the more he examined everything, the more he realised there was no way that would work. Impulse loved Zed. And that was a fact that would not change.

Yet Tango's feelings for Impulse were too large for him to ignore by now. Though he still had hope that somehow things would end working up tougher. He still had a glimpse of bitter hope.

Some people told Tango to just grab onto a bit of hope...and that somehow things would eventually get better. But what if the hope he was tangling onto was only a weak thin thread?

And what would happen when that weak thread of hope broke and reality came crashing onto him? Tango sighed, these were some of the numerous questions that plagued him and his thoughts.

The more he thought about this, the more his heart pulled with a sinking low feeling. He knew that he had been a fool to have fallen in love with Impulse. It was a grave mistake. Yet his feelings for him seemed to grow stronger with every passing day.

Everyone knew that Impulse loved him...but only as a friend. Impulse loved Zed and Zed only. They both saw him only as their friend but never nothing more. And it would probably stay like that for the entirety of their existence.

It physically, emotionally and mentally hurt him. Tango felt like he now knew the pain of falling in love with your best friend but knowing they would never love him back for they were already in love with someone else that wasn't him.

It was a sharp pain in the heart, but despite all this, he somehow continued by dangling on a thin thread of hope that constantly toyed with him. But for how long would he be able to keep up his act?

That was the question...there was always a breaking point. There always was one, though Tango wished there wasn't. The thing was that if he didn't keep his together and hide his feelings for Impulse it would go badly wrong quickly, for Impulse didn't love him back.

Tango sniffed as small droplets of water threatened to break loose from his eyes. He shook his head softly. Trying to keep himself together, he focused his attention back to the window.

Looking outside the window, he admired the scenery that was outside in front of him. "This area can sometimes be really beautiful and interesting," Tango murmured.

The bright moonlight glow shined across all of the buildings and any cars that were out. It seemed to highlight the greenery and foliage that were nearby, making the usual darkness of them reflected back with glimmers of light. A cold breeze swayed outside.

It was a quiet, calm night surprisingly. The only sounds were the occasional noises from the cars that zoomed by but those sounds quickly died down. Along with the occasional crickets of the cicadas, those were the only sounds that rested that night.

Letting a quiet yawn, Tango slowly rubbed his eyes. He looked away to the side, glancing at the clock that was next to his night side. He blinked with a flicker of surprise, realising in a couple of hours it would soon be morning. Huh, time really passes by quickly doesn't it?

Tango let out a long sigh, he would soon have to face the world again. He tilted his head, contemplating his choices before getting up from his seat. He walked slowly back to his bed but inside of climbing into it, he instead sat on the edge of his bed.

He looked down at his hands, before looking at his reflection in the mirror that hung in front of him. Tango stared at it, making note of his appearance. He was in quite a bit of a mess. Falling in love and dangling into nearly non-existence hope really had taken a bit of toll on him

"Somehow I need to fix this or maybe not..." Tango mumbled out loud to no-one specific, his voice trailing off. He bit his lip before shaking his head. Pulling the sheets backwards, he climbed in and tucked them so that they covered him.

Closing his eyes, Tango let out another sigh. He made himself comfortable before attempting to drift off into another most likely restless sleep. Tangling onto thin hope was now apparently his life now.

But somehow or another, he hoped things would get better. It had to, right? Well, that's what Tango thought and wanted at least. A sparkled of bright hope, that's all he needed...hope.

-AquaticMcFan
May you fly over the rainbow and find peace! Thanks for reading!