Part 2 • The Jungle Is More Deadly Than You Want To Admit

Tw: minor panic attack, anxiety
Wc: About 1k (981 words)
Background: Set during season 7
Thank you to Jeina58 for kindly proofreading this chapter! Ɛ>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Etho?" Doc choked out.

"Well, it seems like the Goatfather has actually regonsied me," Etho sneered. "Good news for you Doc."

"What happened to you, man? This isn't like you," Doc cautiously asked. To be honest, Doc didn't know whether he should be afraid or not. He only hoped that the circumstances wouldn't be that extreme. And that the jungle was not behind this. Hopefully it wouldn't result in another incident like the ones in Season 5....

This was just a game, right? Maybe Doc was just being dramatic and this was nothing. Well, that's what Doc hoped at least.

Suddenly the sword was pressed up against his throat again but less gently this time. Doc quickly snapped out of his thoughts. He had spent too much time thinking. Looking upwards, Doc glanced at Etho uneasily. His instincts told him that he had to be on his guard in case of anything.

Etho tilted his head, before he quietly sighed. "Well, then. You asked what was wrong with me?" "My answer, nothing. The jungle wants this, so I shall obey," Etho's voice had turned dark now.

"You and I both know that when the Jungle asks for something, you respond to its orders," Etho continued. "Whether you like it or not." Etho chuckled, knowing that Doc couldn't deny what he said. 

The jungle was pretty on the outside, but dangerous on the inside. They may be in another season, but the corruption still existed. And unless someone fixed its code, plenty of danger could still occur. Doc quietly cursed, glaring at Etho as he realised what he meant.

Etho chuckled, knowing the effects of his words on Doc. The sword was taken away from Doc's throat. Taking the opportunity Doc suddenly lunged forward, grabbing the sword at an angle. Pulling the sword, Etho kicked Doc right in the leg. Doc hissed, as he let go of the sword.  Grabbing the sword, Etho throws it away. Doc's eyes trail towards it as the sword goes flying off somewhere into the distance. 

Smirking, Etho quickly reached into his pocket and took out two potions. Doc tilted his head, in recognition. He recognised both potions, and it wasn't a good thing. Etho chuckled.  "Well, well the goat hasn't forgotten. Well there's no point if you stayed conscious now, is there?"

"Etho, what-" was all Doc could say, before Etho splashed him with the first potion. Doc's eyes rolled backwards, as his body went limp. Once Doc fell unconscious, Etho splashed the second one on him. "Well, now it's time for you to wake up in your new location," Etho whispered.

Unknown to Etho and Doc though, someone else was watching them as well in the shadows of the trees.

--Time skip--

Keralis stared at the empty gray walls as he briefly wondered what he should do. Hearing some sounds, he turned his head to look at the iron door. Grabbing the handles, he twisted it attempting to open it. Unsurprisingly, it was still locked. Keralis sighed, as leaned back against the wall. "Not fair," Keralis whispered. "Why Etho, why?"

A clang was heard as the door suddenly opened. Keralis jumped back in surprise, he hadn't expected that. Etho appeared behind the door, dragging someone behind him. Keralis gasped as he realized that someone was actually...Doc. Etho smirked, seeing that Keralis's face was more astonished than usual.

"And yes, it is Doc," Etho said, moving Doc into the room. Holding the keys, Etho waved them in front of Keralis before exiting the room. Locking it of course, it wouldn't be like Etho to be that careless.

Keralis kneeled besides Doc and inspected Doc, who was very much unconscious and breathing quite deeply. "Oh no," Keralis muttered, realising the tricky situation they were in.

"Well, guess we just have to wait for you to wake up." Kerlais sat down next to Doc. The stone hard floor was very uncomfortable, but being comfortable wasn't his top priority right now. All Keralis could do now was wait for Doc to become conscious again, so they could find a way to escape or leave the area.

--Time skip--

Upon opening his eyes, Keralis realised that at some point of him waiting. He had fallen asleep. Leaning his hand against the gray walls, he hopped back onto his feet. Keralis jumped as he realised Doc was awake as well. "You're awake and alive," Keralis tiredly mumbled. "What happened to you?"

"Etho, jungles pretty much made him go mad," Doc sighed. "I'm pretty sure the jungle's code is corrupted or something. We probably need X to fix it."

"Ah, I see. So next question, how do we get out of here?" Keralis asked. He leaned against the wall, staring at the iron door.

"Well-" Doc started, before he was interrupted by the iron door opening.

"Missed me?" Etho smirked. "I wouldn't think of escaping if I were you...it'll go be bad for both of you. But for now,I'll leave you alone. We have some business to attend later, and I'll behave if I were you.."

"Etho why?" Keralis choked out.

"Ah, my secrets," Etho chuckled. His eyes flashed bright red, before returning to their usual colour. Something almost like electricity flashed throughout his body, sparkling bright red sparks, before it disappeared.

Keralis threw Doc a questioning glance. "Corruption," Doc whispered. Keralis's eyes widened with alarm.

"Anyway, we have a business to attend later, so bye for now" Etho sneered, as more sparks surrounded him. He turned on his heel and exited the room, locking it of course. Both Keralis and Doc shared a look, both fearing for their friend's health.

-AquaticMcFan
May you find peace and fly over the rainbow! Thanks for reading!