Grian, Iskall • Pranks And Picnics

I do apologise for any grammar/spelling mistakes.
Tw: minor shipping is involved
Wc: About 1.3k ( 1340 words)
Requested by Jacrin
So this took quite a while and I'm so sorry about that. I think I may have strayed away a little from the original idea, but nevertheless I hope you enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very much lost in his thoughts, Grian smiled. He was taking a break from life and was now laying on the patches of grass that were in front of his hobbit hole. A sudden loud noise behind though snapped him out of his thoughts.

Ding Ding Ding

Grian tilted his head before his eyes lit up, realising that the ding was, in fact, the sound of his mail. "Maybe Mumbo sent me a message," Grian thought to himself. Standing up, he quickly headed back inside.

"A minecart," Grian gasped thinking it was actually from Mumbo. His elytra dragged behind him, as he walked-fly towards it. Once he was next to it, Grian quickly broke the minecart. Sighs, unfortunately, that was a mistake because as soon as he broke it. It exploded, killing him.

"It wasn't from Mumbo..." Grian sadly murmured, once he respawned. He glanced around. Multiple dings came from his commutator, he shook his head, ignoring them. A sad sigh left Grian's mouth, as he slowly trudged back inside.

Iskall was kneeling down, holding the tag in their hands. They lifted his head, hearing footsteps. "Gri-" Iskall slowly began, as they got up.

"The message wasn't from Mumbo?" Grian quietly asking. His voice quivered slightly, interrupting whatever Iskall was going to say

"Uh, no?" Iskall replied, confused.

"Ah well, anyway, well played," Grian quickly added. He gave Iskall a false smile, putting on a fake act of happiness. He chuckled though it was a dry, hollow one as he collected his items. "Well play indeed..."

"Haha, yeah. Dude, I waited so long, thought you'll never come." Iskall said, somewhat cheerful, completely oblivious as they helped place the blocks back in order to repair the damage the explosion had caused.

"It was a good prank...well played..."

Both of them worked in silence, as they finished repairing everything. Taking a step back Iskall gave a small nod. "Well anyway, I'll be off then," Iskall said, seeing that the damage had been repaired. They glanced at Grian, before heading out of Grian's hobbit hole.

Grian waited a couple of minutes, hearing the rockets fire off before they calmed down. Iskall was mostly likely off to...well actually who knows where.

Seeing that Iskall left, Grian sat down, cross-legged on the wooden floor. He needed to have some thoughts on what had just happened.

"Let's see...I've lost the tag [Tag 2 Electric Boogaloo]."

"Iskall was clever."

"Oh, Mumbo also didn't send me a message, great..."

He knew he was probably overreacting but he couldn't help but be upset by the fact the message wasn't from Mumbo. Maybe he was too annoying, too much of a bother, too much of a useless person to receive a message from him. A tear made his way down made its way down his face.

Using the back of his hand, Grian wiped the tear-off. He stared at his hand and softly murmured, "Well there's no point in crying over spilled milk as they say. It'll be best if I go back to work."

Getting up, Grian sighed. He knew that there was a strong possibility that he won't be doing much today, as his mood had dampened. "Well, I must as well try."