Mumskall • Thinking of You

So, this is for Adri's challenge of writing 100 words in 5 minutes, using the prompt "Thinking of You" I didn't finish the whole one-shot in the 5 minutes, but I marked where I reached with an author's note. Quick tw: shipping is present / Wc: Around 700 words in total. It's also set during season 7. (It's also unedited, I'll edit it later most likely)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mumbo sighed, he was thinking about Iskall again. No surprises there, the Swedish lad had been the topic of Mumbo's thoughts lately. For some reason, thinking of Iskall's joyful laughter and smiles cheered him up. He'd been distancing himself from the Hermits lately. Mumbo drank another sip of his probably 5 cup of tea today. "5 cups of tea and 3 coffees, maybe that's enough for today," Mumbo thought to himself. "Or maybe not."

Mumbo closed his eyes, breathing in the jungles mystic and fresh air. The sounds of the river running and the parrots chirps filled his ears. Surprisingly Mumbo wasn't working on his base today, he was taking a break. He was currently sitting outside his hobbit hole, next to the river.

(This is what I managed to type in five minutes, 124 words. It's not the best, but at least I managed to pass 100 words, so that's still good I guess!)

He should probably visit the shopping district soon, the hermits where probably a bit worried by now. Well, at least a couple. Distancing from the hermits was harder than it seemed. Especially when he missed their company after a while. Well, he missed everyone, but Iskall seemed to be the one that he missed the most. Remind me, why I'm doing this," Mumbo wondered. "Ah, right I wanted some time alone."

Opening his eyes, Mumbo yelled. A parrot was next to him. Recovering a bit from the parrots sudden appearance, Mumbo looked at its beak. The parrot that was light blue with a hint of green, had a piece of paper in its mouth . "Umm...nice parrot," Mumbo hesitantly said, reaching forward to grab the paper. Using one hand, he gently stroked its back, before using the other to slowly grab the paper.

Mumbo turned the paper over and smoothed out its crevices. His heart fluttered with happiness as he read the messages.

------

Haven't heard from you lately,

So I thought I'll send a message by parrot

And yes, I trained a parrot from this, don't ask

Hope you're doing alright

Maybe we can do Hermit Challenges soon

Or at least a meet up again

Thinking of you

-Iskall

------

A wide smile appeared on Mumbo's face, his heart was beating fast but with happiness. "Maybe I'm going to visit the Hermits after all," Mumbo thought to himself. "Yeah, around time anyway."

Mumbo chuckled as he got up. Glancing at the parrot, Mumbo smiled. "Thanks," Mumbo softly said. Walking back insides through his doorless entry. He wanted to find some rockets and an elytra.

Opening his  chests, he started to dig through them, carelessly throwing the items arounds. Eventually, he found what he was looking for, managing to only squish his fingers twice in the process.

Putting the elytra on, Mumbo went outside and spammed the rockets, launching himself into the air. Flying upwards, Mumbo felt the wind rush through him. He smiled, Mumbo had missed the feeling of flying. He quietly gasped, as he saw the progress of Iskall's tree.

Heading towards the grounds, Mumbo clumsily landed on his feet. He wobbled a bit as he regained his balance. Slowly walking around, Mumbo admired the progress.

"Mumbo!" someone yelled behind him. Turning around, Mumbo smiled seeing Iskall fly towards him. Iskall tackled Mumbo into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around him. "You came to visit, I've been thinking of you," Iskall chuckled. "Did you see the parrot, I sent?"

"Yeah I saw it," Mumbo said, a wide smile on his face. He was slowly melting into the hug, he had missed Iskall a lot more than he wanted to admit.

"That's good. Care for a tour of the progress?" Iskall asked, tilting his head. Mumbo nodded after a pause. Getting up, Iskall offered his hand to Mumbo who gladly accepted it. "Come on, we'll start here," Iskall said, already dragging Mumbo around.

"It's good to see Iskall again," Mumbo thought. He smiled even more if that was possible, seeing Iskall eagerly ramble about stuff. "It's good to be back and see Iskall again. I've also been thinking of you." Mumbo continued thinking in his thoughts. Snapping out of his thoughts, Mumbo focused his attention back to whatever Iskall was saying. Mumbo smiled, laughed and nodded as he enjoyed his time with Iskall once more.

-AquaticMcFan

Thanks for reading!