Chapter Five

"You were the pieces of me I shared with no one else."

- b.m.

Luna's POV

Four Months Later

"This is so exciting!" I grin to myself, bouncing up and down as I wait outside the school gates. I watch as the car pulls up to the curb and the window rolls down. Oli looks over at me from the driver's seat, a pair of sunglasses over his eyes and a smile on his lips.

"Hop in, Little One." He leans over and opens the passenger door for me, and I happily bound inside, shutting the door behind me.

"I can't believe you can drive! This is so cool! I'm so glad my parents said you could drive me." I grin at him, wiggling around in my seat.

He shakes his head at my antics, leaning over me to grab my seatbelt and click it into place for me. "Remember your seatbelt." Once he's sure I'm safely secured in my seat, he drives forward and back out onto the road.

"This is so awesome." I grin, turning to look at him. "You're so grown up now!"

"Unfortunately, yeah." He mutters and I roll my eyes. He acts like he's just turned sixty instead of sixteen.

"Can we drive around a bit before heading home? The drive there is so short." I pout at him, hoping he can see me out of the corner of his eyes. He always falls for my puppy eyes.

He sighs softly before giving in. "Fine. Stop giving me that look."

"Yes! What music do you have?" I lean forward and start fiddling with the radio. He doesn't stop me, keeping his eyes on the road and both his hands firmly set on the wheel. I find a station with a good song and turn the volume up, mouthing the lyrics.

We drive around like that for a while, listening to music and talking. I love the time I spend with Oli, and I don't think I could ever get enough of it.

When he eventually parks on the road outside my house, I turn to look at him. "Can you stay a bit to play a game of basketball?"

He smiles. "Did your parents not tell you? We're coming over to yours for dinner, so I'm staying, Little One."

"Yes! Are you serious?" I grin up at him with wide eyes.

"'Course I am. But that's not all. We're going out to the movies with my friends tonight." He adds, his smile growing as he watches me get more and more excited.

"No way! What movie are we going to see? The new dinosaur one?" I ask hopefully.

"That's the one." He confirms.

"Yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited!" I jump out of the car and grab my school bag before hurrying inside. Oli follows after me much slower.

Dad is in the kitchen when I walk in. "Hey, baby. How was school?"

"Good! Oli's such a good driver! He drove me all the way here!"

"I know. I helped give him lessons." He chuckles, glancing behind me when Oli walks into the room. "Her chattering wasn't too distracting?"

"Hey!" I complain.

"Nah, she was fine." Oli chuckles, ruffling my hair when he comes up behind me.