Chapter Thirty-Four

"Every cell in my body is telling me that you are my happily ever after."

- C.J. English

Luna's POV

I'm trying my best to focus on the task at hand, but it's proving to be very difficult. Mainly because of the fact that my childhood best friend/the man I'm in love with/an NBA star/the hottest man alive is staring at me from across the room like he wants to eat me alive.

I avoid meeting his gaze in the mirror as I lean forward to swipe mascara over my lashes. He's sitting on the edge of my bed, legs spread, an elbow on his knee and his chin resting in his palm. He looks unbelievably fine.

Anywhere you want.

Not even twenty minutes ago, Oli King was squeezing my áss and telling me I could touch him anywhere I wanted.

You've always had that power over me. You just didn't know it.

Just thinking about him saying those words to me has me feeling all hot and flushed. Before yesterday, I didn't think Oli had ever even looked at me in a way that was more than platonic. Now he's touching me and telling me I can touch him.

"The staring is getting on my nerves," I mumble to him as I close up meh mascara, screwing it closed and avoiding eye contact.

"What nerves are you referring to, Luna baby?" He asks, his voice low and suggestive.

My eyes widen and I whip my head around to face him, my mouth dropped open. "Oli King!"

He gives me a grin and hums, "Yes, Little One?"

I huff and shake my head at him before turning to face my mirror again. "You're distracting me. Stop."

His grin morphs into a goofy smile and I can't help but return it as I unclip my hair from its claw clip. I run a brush through it, thankful that I straightened it yesterday and didn't wash my hair in the shower this morning. Straightening my hair is a whole ordeal that I don't want to deal with today.

Satisfied with my makeup and hair, I stand from my chair and walk over to my closet to slip on my heels. I'm still wearing the black pants and v-neck blouse that Oli chose. Once my shoes are on, I turn to face him again. "Ready?"

He stares at me for a moment, eyes slowly dragging up and down my body. He murmurs, "You're so pretty." And my heart just about stops.

I walk over to him and stop between his legs. With a finger underneath his chin, I tilt his head back so that he meets my eyes. I raise a brow, "My eyes are up here, Oli."

He nods slightly, mouth curling up, "I'm aware," His tongue darts out to wet his lips, "Do you want to come over to mine tonight? Or we could do something here? Or go out? It's up to you, Little One."

I smile, cupping his jaw with my palms and gently swiping my thumbs over the apples of his cheeks. "Alana wants you to stay for dinner tonight. It's pasta night tonight, so I Alana and I are cooking."

His brows furrow, "I don't want to intrude on your night."

I shake my head with a fond smile, bending down to kiss the tip of his nose. "Don't be silly. Alana and I have pasta night every Thursday. Then we have take-out Tuesday. We make homemade burgers every Wednesday. On Fridays we either experiment with a new restaurant and go out or we attempt to make something fancy for ourselves, which usually fails miserably. Mondays is usually a salad of some sort. Then we just wing it on the weekends." I explain to him, "We've done that for as long as we've lived together pretty much."