Epilogue

"My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul."

- Boris Kodjoe

Luna's POV

Three months.

It has been a long, long three months.

Today marks exactly three months since the day Oli turned thirty-one. Exactly three months since he promised to propose to me.

It's a Saturday. We're both off from work. We have nothing planned for the day, that I'm aware of. But I have a feeling Oli won't wait another second to ask me to marry him.

A lot has happened in the last three months. Oli and I bought a house — the house of my dreams in a neighbourhood not far from his parents' or mine. We moved in just a month after Oli's birthday. A month after that, we adopted a miniature dachshund puppy named Charlie. A week later, we ended up with a kitten as well, a ragdoll named Chloe.

Everything I wanted to happen before today has happened. It's been three months. Now, all I have to do is wait.

Oli left early this morning to go for a run, like he does most days. I vaguely remember him kissing my forehead and whispering something to me before he left. But I was still half asleep, so I have yet to see him today.

It's a little after nine and Oli should be back any minute. I've been up for about half an hour and I've just finished showering and making myself some toast. This has become a routine of ours. Oli goes for a run and lets me sleep in. Once I'm awake, I make myself breakfast and ready his to be made as well, so the second I hear him walk in the door, I can prepare his toast for him too. Before he leaves, he always gets a pot of coffee brewing for me, knowing I'll make myself an iced coffee first thing in the morning.

I've already had multiple texts from Alana and my family, asking if he's popped the question yet. They all know about this three month thing that we promised each other. They've been pestering me about it for days, and I can only assume they've been hounding Oli about it too. Neither of us have brought up the subject this past week. But he's been giving me this knowing look like he knows it's on my mind just as much as his.

I'm just loading my plate into the dishwasher when I hear the front door open and close again. My heart starts beating a little faster as I close the dishwasher and walk over to put Oli's bread down in the toaster, like I do most mornings. I turn around with my back to the counter, facing the entranceway that I know he's about to walk through.

The sound of his running shoes hitting the ground echoes through the hallway followed by his approaching footsteps. My breath catches when he walks through from the entrance, entering the open plan living, dining and kitchen space. His dark eyes dart to the couch first, then the dining table before landing on me standing in the kitchen.

I watch as his lips slowly curl up into a smile and he turns, heading straight for me with a purpose. My eyes are all over him, his body slick with sweat and his tank top sticking to his chest. He's all bronzed muscle and long limbs. The second I'm within reach, he grabs me by the waist and lifts me up onto the counter, sliding me forward as he stops between my legs.

I tip my head back to look at him, lips parted. Swallowing thickly, I ask, "Good run, baby?"

He shakes his head almost imperceptibly, lowering his head closer to mine. "Tell me right now how extravagant you need this proposal to be. One phone call and I can make the whole romantic gesture, fancy dress thing happen. I can put on a suit and everything."