Chapter Eleven

"I want you forever even when we're no together."

- Bad Things, Machine Gun Kelly

Luna's POV

Nineteen Months Later

I look up from the book in my hands at the abrupt sound of a knock on my door. A familiar face peaks around the cracked open door and a smile automatically pulls at my lips. My attention falling away from my book, I sit up a little straighter.

"Hi, Oli."

He smiles at me, stepping into my bedroom slowly. "Hi, Little One."

"I thought you weren't coming around until later for dinner?" I ask, placing my bookmark between the pages and closing the book so that I can set it down beside me. My eyes settle on him once more as he captures my full attention.

He shrugs, taking another step closer to where I'm sitting on my bed. "Yeah, well, I thought we could do something today since I'm leaving early tomorrow," he takes his hand out of his pocket, dangling a familiar set of keys between his fingertips, "My parents haven't sold my old car yet. You fancy a drive, Little Luna?"

I immediately jump up with a grin. "Definitely! Do you have gas?"

"Filled the tank before I came here. Grab your coat, it's cold outside," He reminds me, nodding to my winter coat that's hung over the back of my desk chair.

"Yeah, yeah," I hurry to put my shoes on first, grabbing them from the end of my bed and quickly tying my laces up. When I stand to grab my coat, I find it in Oli's hands. He holds out to me with a little smile, and I step forward, allowing him to help me shrug it on. I turn to him once it's on, murmuring a quiet, "Thanks, Oli."

He leads me downstairs and I call a quick goodbye to my parents before following Oli outside. His old car is parked in the driveway and it reminds me so much of when he used to pick me up for random drives on the weekends. It's an oldish car, only small with a heating system that barely works. But the aux works and it's a safe car, which is all I really car about.

Oli unlocks the car and opens my door for me, allowing me to hop into the passenger seat. After shutting the door, he rounds the car and I rub my hands together to warm them up while I wait for him. We're only a couple days into the new year so winter is still in full swing. The temperature today is definitely evidence of that.

Dropping into the driver's seat, Oli quickly shuts the door behind him and turns the key in the ignition. When the car rumbles to life, I make quick work of cranking the heater up all the way. Cold air bursts out first, slowly turning warmer as the engine gets going. Oli and I sit there for a few moments, attempting to warm our hands, breaths visible in the air.

We both click our seatbelts in before I grab the aux cord as Oli starts reversing out of the driveway, connecting my phone. He rests his hand on the back of my seat as he looks over his shoulder then changes gears, driving down the road. I play some older songs that remind me of when I was little - which wasn't that long ago, really. Oli hasn't been gone for long, but the distance makes it feel like forever.

As I look out the window and the houses blurring by us, my hand instinctively reaches up to fiddle with the necklace around my neck. Oli catches the movement and I watch a little smile lift his lips. "You're wearing it."