Chapter Nineteen

"I'd like to laugh with you for the rest of my life."

- unknown

Luna's POV

One Year Later

I'm jolted awake by someone jumping on my bed.

"I have big news, Luney! Wake the fúck up!"

"God dammit, Laney. What do you want?" I groan, rolling over in my bed and shoving my face into my pillow.

"Guess which celebrity couple just broke up?" She sings and the bed jiggles, indicating that she's doing a little dance.

Her words make me pause. I quickly sit up to level her with a stare. "You're kidding."

She grins. "Nope. It's not just a rumour either. She posted about it on Instagram."

"Has he said anything?" I ask, quickly scrambling for my phone that sits on my bedside table. I have a few notifications including a couple unread emails and a missed call. I find that the missed call is from my Mom and deflate slightly.

"No, but he doesn't post anything personal, really, anyway. It's definitely true, Luney."

"Holy shít," I whisper, turning to stare at her, a little smile forming on my lips, "holy shít!"

Here's the thing. Jackson and I didn't last long. Six months in and I called it quits. I knew that relationship was never going to last. Oli and Georgia on the other hand? Surprisingly long term.

Until now, I guess.

So why am I so happy about this? Because I've hardly seen Oli the last two years and it's because of her. I went to one of his games about six months after I met her and they came to my 21st birthday, but after that I haven't seen him since. Because Georgia got jealous. So she made excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't see him. Our phone calls dwindled to once a month, texting every other day. No matter how hard we tried, the distance between us was inevitable.

But now that she's out of the picture, I might finally get my best friend back.

"Are you going to call him?" Alana asks, sitting cross legged on my bed.

I frown, "I shouldn't. That was a pretty serious relationship. He might be upset."

"Meaning you should definitely call him. He'll want to hear from you."

"If he wanted to talk to me, he'd call me," I disagree, "He has a busy schedule, I wouldn't want to bother him."

She scoffs, "Bother him? You know he'd drop everything to talk to you."

"He doesn't have to. I'll send him a text later," I sigh softly, opening up my emails as a distraction. I scroll through a few boring ones before my heart stops. "No fúcking way."

"What?" Alana sits up, clearly interested.

"I have an email from Harvard." I whisper.

She frowns. "We attend Harvard, Luney. That's not new."

I shake my head, "Harvard Law."

Her eyes widen, "Your results? Did you get in?"

"I haven't opened it," I look up at her, "I'm scared. What if I don't get in?"