Chapter Forty-Three

"You're the best thing I've ever waited for."

- unknown

Luna's POV

"Na-na!" A little voice squeals, immediately catching my attention and causing me to spin around towards the sound. "Na-na! Na-na! Na-na!"

A giggle slips from my lips and I drop down to a crouch — a struggle in the heels I'm wearing — arms open to catch the babbling little girl. Marise walks right into my chest and I curl my arms around her. "How are you, precious girl?"

"Good!" She giggles in that adorable way she does, staring up at me with the most beautiful wide eyes. "Kiss?"

"Oh, you're gorgeous," I smile, pressing a kiss to one of her chubby cheeks then the other. "I think I'm going to steal you."

"Again, you can't steal my daughter, Luna," Cory's smiling as he follows behind his daughter, reaching our table. When she steps out of my arms, he swoops down to pick her up while I stand to my full height.

I groan softly, "Why not? I swear I'll take good care of her. She's so cute!"

His smile is proud as he stares down at the little girl in his arms. "'Course she is. Doesn't mean you can have her."

I spin on my heel and crane my neck to stare up at the man standing behind me. "Oli, Cory won't let me have her."

Oli stares down at me, mirth in his gaze. He just shakes his head, tipping his head closer to mine to say lowly, "We can make our own any time you like, Luna baby."

My body heats and I slap his chest. "You're impossible." I turn back to look at Marise, my eyes hearts all over again. "Oli, look at her. She's adorable!"

Marise stares up at Oli and as if to prove my point, she gives him a big grin and bats her wide eyes at him. She holds her arms up and leans her body towards him. "Oli!"

And he just melts. Stepping forward, he takes the little girl into his arms and holds her on his hip. She reaches up and runs her little hands over the stubble on his face. His eyes find mine. "Fine. I'll help you steal her."

Cory throws his hands up in the air, "Dude!"

Oli's eyes widen at him innocently, "What? You made the perfect kid, Cory."

"I know that," He rolls his eyes but watches Marie with an affectionate smile, "But she's my little girl. Make one of your own."

Oli watches Marise as she babbles to him, little hands patting his shoulders. "One day," He muses, glancing up to lock eyes with me. His dark eyes sparkle with promise.

I manage to tear my gaze away from my gorgeous boyfriend and turn back towards the table. I've been living with Oli for about a month now and I'm more in love than I've ever been. Tonight we're having dinner with a bunch of our friends and family for Oli's 31st birthday.

"Holy shit, that's the most adorable kid I've ever seen in my life," Alana whispers to me loudly, coming up behind me to hold my hand. I turn to face her, breaking our joint hands to wrap my arm around her waist, looking up at her slightly. She's got heart-eyes as she looks at Marise in Oli's arms.

"Isn't she?" I sigh, watching them as well. "It makes sense, really. I mean, have you seen her dad?" I gesture vaguely to Cody who's clearly arguing with Oli again about whether he can keep his daughter.