Chapter Thirty-Six

"In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you."

- unknown

Luna's POV

I step out of the elevator at 6:34pm and immediately spot Oli. Actually, it's the receptionist, Sarah's laugh that first captures my attention and when I look over, I see Oli is the cause. I expect to feel at least a little bit of jealousy, seeing their interaction, but nothing but warmth fills me.

I've always been very strong-willed and protective over what's mine. That's why I was always so adamant on making sure people knew Oli was my best friend when I was younger. I wanted to let people know that he was mine.

But I don't feel any of that jealously or protectiveness now as I walk over to them. Oli is hunched slightly over the desk, a pen in his hand as he signs something for her. She's gushing, cheeks flushed, and I really can't blame her. I would be doing the same. But I know I have nothing to worry about. I know Oli is mine. For real now, not just as friends.

And he proves me right, by looking up as soon as he hears me approach by the clicking of my heels. A slow smile pulls at his lips when his eyes land on me. He shoots me a wink that makes him look effortlessly hot then returns his attention to Sarah. He hands her back the note he just signed for her as I stop beside him.

"Thank you so much!" She grins up at him, "My brother will be so excited. He's a huge fan."

Oli smiles politely and holds a hand out towards me as he says, "No problem at all, Sarah." I step closer to him and his hand settles around my hip, coaxing me closer until I'm nestled under his arm, pressed against his side. It takes everything in me not to sigh with relief. He's warm and I just want to turn and press my face into his chest. He smells so familiar and... Like home.

Sarah's eyes dart to me and she grins. I've spoken to her a few times since I started working here and she's been nothing but lovely. Definitely friend potential. "Sorry, I'll let you guys go, have a good weekend! It was nice meeting you, Oli."

"You too, Sarah." He nods at her, taking a step back and guiding me along with him.

I give her a little wave, "See you on Monday!"

Oli guides me outside to his car and opens the passenger door for me. As soon as he's rounded the car and sat in his seat with both doors shut, I lean over and kiss him. He's clearly not expecting it and lets out a happy little surprised hum, his hand moving to cup my cheek as he kisses me back.

"Luna," He breaks away for a moment to murmur, "Paps can take pictures through windows, baby."

I lean in to kiss him again, uncaring, but he pulls back once more. I huff. "I know that. It's not the pictures that bother me. They can take however many photos of us they like. It's the comments that upset me. But I've learned my lesson and I won't make that mistake twice. Simple."

He cranes his neck and presses his lips to mine in a heated kiss, his tongue dipping into my mouth. "I can get any photos taken down if you change your mind." He promises between kisses.

I pull back, worry thrumming through me momentarily. "You're okay with being seen with me...right?" I ask, afraid that he's just trying to let me down easy.

His head reels back in shock. "What the- Are you kidding? You have to be. Luna baby." He surges forward to kiss me again, harshly as if to prove what he's saying is true, "I love you. I'm a private person, but I don't care if people see us together. I'm worried about how that makes you feel. You can post pictures of us together on Instagram or tweet about it or change your Facebook status, I really don't care. Because as long as you know and I know this is real, that's all that counts."