Chapter Seven

"I have never missed anyone as much as I miss you."

- Unknown

Luna's POV

Eleven Months Later

"I can't believe you made me wear a dress." I grumble as I step out of the car, closing the door behind me.

Mom turns to me and sighs, "Luna, I want to get a nice photo of the two of you while Oli's all dressed up. I haven't gotten a decent photo of the two of you for ages!" I open my mouth to object but she cuts me off, "The selfies you force him to take with you when you steal my phone don't count."

I huff, crossing my arms and reluctantly following her and Dad up the front porch steps. We're at Claire and Zoey's house this evening. They've all made this such a big deal, but I know Oli doesn't want it to be one.

Tonight is Oli's senior prom. My parents and his are making an extra big deal out of this because it's his last prom and he didn't go any of the previous years. The first couple years they let it slide, but it was obvious how disappointed they were when he skipped junior prom as well. So, this year Oli decided to just go, even if he only ends up staying for an hour.

I know why he doesn't want to go though. Everything about prom is exactly what he hates. Dressing up, lots of people, loud music. But I'm glad he's going, if only to experience it once. You only go to high school once, after all.

When my parents stop at the front door and Dad raises his hand to knock, I roll my eyes. Pushing between them, I reach forward and open the door, heading straight inside the house. I head straight for the stairs and head up them, knowing Oli will still be in his room. He will absolutely be regretting his decision to go tonight and debating whether to just back out now.

I reach his room and find that his door is slightly ajar. Seeing that, I open the door and step right inside, shutting the door behind me. I spot him immediately, standing in front of the mirror wearing his new black suit and struggling with the tie around his neck. He meets my gaze in the mirror and his lips tug up into a smile.

"Hi, Little One." He turns around to look at me, his hands dropping to his sides. His tie is all lopsided and crooked and it makes me smile. He notices me looking at it and rolls his eyes, "I watched some videos on YouTube and I still can't tie it right."

Shaking my head, I walk closer to him, gesturing for him to sit on the bed. "You're hopeless, Oli."

He shrugs, following my direction and sitting on the edge of his bed, legs apart and hands resting in his lap. I step closer to him and he tilts his chin up to look at me. Reaching out, I start fixing the tie into place.

He raises his brows at me, "How do you know how to tie one of these?"

"Dad taught me ages ago. Said it was a good thing to know how to do." I shrug, focusing on adjusting the ends so they're the right length.

I glance up at his face and notice his eyes narrowed on me. Suddenly he reaches up and gently grips my chin, tugging my face down slightly. "Are you wearing makeup right now?"

A blush immediately starts heating my cheeks and I can't stop it. "Well, Mom wanted me to wear a dress tonight so she could get a nice photo of us and she asked if I wanted to wear some mascara... I'm not wearing any other makeup, just that."