Chapter 3

-Itsuka Residence-

Shido: Tohka! Hey. Please, listen to me.

Shido was knocking the door and called for Tohka but she angrily replied behind the door.

Tohka: Go away, you idiot!

Ngoc: Tohka. I know you don't want to come out and meet Shido or us but could you at least let me inside MY room? I just want to take a few things in my room, okay?

Tohka: You'll get your room back when I'm not sad anymore!

Ngoc: *sigh* Seriously?

* * *

The next day, both me and Shido went outside and bought some groceries and now we were on our way home.

Shido: So, which one do you like the most? Cheese or cake?

Ngoc: Cheese. Cheese is better than cake because you can have cheesecake, but you can't have cakecheese.

Shido: ... Good point, I think?

As we're walking, we saw the Spirit girl from yesterday and I was assuming she's searching for something.

Ngoc: Yoshinon?

She startled when she saw us and tried to run away.

Shido: Calm down! We're not going to do anything.

Ngoc: Hey, where's your puppet?

She ran up to me and grabbed my jacket and looked at me.

Ngoc: I see. You're looking for it.

She nodded.

Shido: When did you lose it?

Yoshinon: ... yesterday...

She quietly answered.

Ngoc: Yesterday, huh? I guess you lost it while you're fighting the AST, right?

She nodded.

Ngoc: All right.

I activated my earpiece and called for Kotori.

Kotori: [I'm here. What is it?]

Ngoc: Shido and I just met Yoshinon.

Kotori: [You mean Hermit?]

Ngoc: Yep. And she said she lost her puppet during her fight with AST yesterday. Can you help us find it?

Kotori: [I see. All right, we're analyzing the video right now. We want the girl to focus her attention to Shido, so we won't meet with her directly. But we'll support you with the search as much as we can.]

Ngoc: Gotcha. Okay then, Yoshinon, let's go look for it.

Yoshino: ... I-I'm not Yoshinon. I'm Yoshino... Yoshinon... is my friend.

Shido: Yoshino...

Before Yoshino started to search, I pulled her closer to me.

Ngoc: You might want to stay close to me or you might catch a cold... even though you're already soaked but it's better than nothing.

Yoshino: Thank... you...

Ngoc: You're welcome.

She's so cute!

* * *

Later, the three of us spent hours to find her Yoshinon but unfortunately, there's no signs of the puppet.

While we're searching, I heard Yoshino's stomach grumble.

Shido: Oh, you're hungry, Yoshino?

Yoshino: N-No...