Chapter 4

Shido: So, you're not going to the Hot Spring with us?

Ngoc: Yeah. Sorry. I promised to a friend that I would hang out with her today.

Shido: Her?

Ngoc: A friend of mine. You don't have to be concerned about.

Yoshino: So you won't come with us...

She sadly said. I patted her head to comfort her.

Ngoc: I will make up for you some day, okay?

Her sad face turned into a happy face.

Yoshino: Y-Yes!

Tohka: Remember to buy for me kinako breads.

Ngoc: All right. I remember.

Shido: Well, we're gonna go now. See ya, Ngoc.

Yoshino: G-Goodbye, Ngoc.

Tohka: Kinako bread!

Ngoc: Bye, guys. Have a nice day.

The three of them walked out to the car where Reine was parking. I closed the door and walked to my room.

I changed to my usual clothes. A white T-shirt, black pants with white lining and a blue jacket. Shido bought for me this jacket so I literally always wore it. Then I bought my smartphone and my wallet.

I walked down stairs. I saw Kotori, still in Commander mode sat on the sofa in the living room, eating muffins that Shido bought for her. While she was eating, she started choking. I just stood there, watching and thinking.

Ngoc: (This is it. This is the icing on my cake. A lifetime of physical and psychological abuse brought to a swift and satisfying end. All I have to do... is nothing. I mean, this is just Darwinism at work. As long as I don't hand her this lifesaving juice that I am currently handing her- NOOOOOO!!!)

I subconsciously handed Kotori the juice box on the table. She took juice box and drank all of it, saving her life. She then gasped for air and coughed.

Kotori: Jesus Christ! Took you long enough! What would you have told Shido if I'd died?!

Ngoc: *mutter* Hey, Shido. I've got good news and bad news. Good news is we've finally got a room for Tohka right next to you that she wanted...

Kotori: Uh, the fuck you say?

Ngoc: *sigh* You know what? Doesn't matter. You know why? Because today I've got a date with destiny.

Kotori: Yeah, I don't need to know the name of your girl, Ngoc. As long as it isn't a Spirit, I don't care.

Ngoc: Haha. Well, fuck you too.

I slamed the door and walked outside.

*

Kotori: Fucking dumbass.

Kotori ate another muffin and started choking again.

*

Ngoc: All right. This is the place.

I took my eyes away from my phone and looked up. In front of me was a small shop, or a cafe.

A Maid Cafe.

I heard this cafe just opened recently. Maid cafe... I wondered what's difference between this and normal cafe.

Ngoc: Oh well. Question later.

She said I would come in there and wait for her. And so I walked in.

Once I walked in, the scenery in here was nothing different than a normal cafe shop, except... there were lots of maids.