Chapter 9

Shido: Ocean Park?

Ngoc: It's that amusement park with the pool, right?

Reine: That's right. We all agreed it would be the most suitable place for Shin's date with Kotori in two days.

Kannazuki: Yes! The perfect season to see the swimsuit-clad Commander shining with childishness and danger!

Ngoc: What the hell man?

Reine: Ahem. Shin, that's why we have prepared some training for you before you go on the date.

Shido: Training... I'll do it. I'll do whatever it takes to save Kotori!

Ngoc: That's the spirit!

* * *

Right now, we were at the swimsuit store with Tohka and Yoshino.

Shido: How is buying swimsuits with Tohka and Yoshino training?

Reine: [To keep you from being distracted by other girls in swimsuits. You'll be in trouble if you look at other girls while on a date with Kotori.]

Ngoc: Seems legit.

Shido: [Kotori's fate is on the line here. I wouldn't do something like that.]

Reine: [I hope you haven't forgotten the fact that your heart rate is being monitored.]

Shido: [I'll do my best!]

Reine: [Good. Ngoc will be there to help you if you need anything.]

Ngoc: Of course I will. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just a side character in my own story. And it really hurts.

Shido: Suuure...

Tohka: This is amazing! Are these all called mizugi?

Shido: Oh, yeah...

Ngoc: It's weird how we live in Japan but we always speak English.

Shido: What?

Ngoc: Nothing.

Tohka: Guys, what in the world is this?

Shido: What, you don't know? This is a...

Suddenly, Origami appeared from the door.

Origami: Military Zapped Ultimate Grind Instrument, or MI-ZU-GI for short. It's a new anti-Spirits annihilation suit. When it's activated, the built-in Realizer starts the critical driving force, and the warhead is broken into its molecular components and discharged. It goes through Spirit armor easily, and it tears the target's body into bits.

Shido: Origami!

Origami: As I thought... it's Hermit.

Tohka: You... Why are you here?! Shido, was what she said about the annihilation suit true?

Shido: No, of course not-

Origami: He does know about the MI-ZU-GI, that's why he brought you two here. He was probably trying to catch you with your guard down.

Tohka: Don't lie! Shido wouldn't do something like that!

Yoshino: I don't think he would either.

Ngoc: Of course he wouldn't. She tricked you.

Tohka: What?! You little coward, Origami Tobiichi! You were tricking me?!

Origami: I don't know what are you talking about.

Shido: *sigh* But what a coincidence, seeing you in a place like this. How's your injury?

Origami: It's fine. However, this isn't a coincidence. I'm glad I got to see you, Shido. But I'm here to talk to Tohka Yatogami and Ngoc Itsuka today.