Chapter 25

-Itsuka Residence-

It was 6:00 in the morning. Ngoc could be seen sleeping and dreaming in his room.

Ngoc: ... Don't... Alice... don't fight her... alone...

Just then, he turned his body to the left, before his right hand grabbed onto something. His hand subconsciously squeezed it, again and again. Even he was dreaming, he could hear a small sound every time he did that.

And so, he slowly opened his eyes. When his eyes was fully opened, he saw a face that looked like Natsumi. His hand was on the side of her body.

He thought he was still dreaming, but even after he blinked several times, she's still there.

Ngoc: ...

Natsumi: G-Good morning...

Suddenly, Ngoc screamed, and backed away from her to the point he dropped himself off the bed.

The fact that she was in her normal form made Ngoc more nervous. It's not that weird when she's not in her adult form, but if someone saw this...

Shido: What's wrong?! I heard screaming-

The room door suddenly opened, revealing Shido and Kotori.

Kotori: Why were you so noisy at the time like this-

Both of them stopped their words when they saw Natsumi on the bed. Natsumi wasn't wearing something too revealing, but the two of them, especially Kotori, didn't seem to care about that. They both glared at Ngoc while folding their arms.

Ngoc: Don't look at me like that. I didn't even know she's there. Speaking of which, why are you here, Natsumi?

Natsumi: W-Well, I was planning to wake you up by laying next to you and transform to make you surprised, but you hugged me like a body pillow before I could do that. And I couldn't transform while you're doing that, so... I just laid here and didn't bother to transform.

Ngoc: You could have woken me up like a normal person! And why did you even think about transforming like that?

Natsumi: Ehe...

She glanced away and nervously laughed.

Kotori: I guess it has something to do with her mental state.

She said softly enough for Natsumi not to hear.

Shido: What do you mean?

Kotori: Well, Natsumi's mentality is kinda weak.

Ngoc/Shido: Oh...

Natsumi: Hey, what are you whispering about?

They turned their attention at Natsumi, who was in her adult form. She transformed while they didn't notice.

Natsumi: Don't leave this poor girl out of the loop.

Kotori then had a small talk with Natsumi.

Shido: Go wash your face, Ngoc. I'll prepare breakfast.

Ngoc gave him a thumbs up before he went to the bathroom. After that he changed his clothes and finished breakfast with his brother and sister.

* * *
-Raizen Highschool-

In the classroom, Ngoc was reading a manga called "Silver Bullet" that he borrowed from Shido. He told him that the manga had been on hiatus for five years. No one heard anything from the mangaka ever since. No one knew what happened to him.