Chapter 22

Ngoc: ...

Kotori: ... Still thinking about that, huh?

Ngoc: Yeah...

The both of us were sitting beside each other on the park bench. I was dating with Kotori right now.

Ngoc: Finding Natsumi in one of 14 is so hard! Why can't I have a break?!

Kotori: Stop complaining. If you want to save the Spirit, you'll have to deal with situations like this. I thought you already knew that.

Ngoc: Of course I know that. It's just... It sucks that I haven't played games with my online friends for a while now.

Kotori rolled her eyes.

Kotori: It's been only a week.

She mumbled, but I could still hear her.

Kotori: In any case...

She stood up.

Kotori: Isn't it about time you figure out if I'm the real Kotori Itsuka?

Ngoc: Hm? Oh, right. Okay, let's ask you something... Do you remember the place of your date on June?

Kotori: Of course. Ocean park.

Ngoc: Correct. Now, next question...

Kotori: Are you really gonna ask me questions to confirm if I'm real?

Ngoc: Well, yeah. What else could I do?

Kotori: You could... try something to see my reaction...

Ngoc: Try what?

Kotori: I-I don't know! Do something you can think of!

I nodded.

Ngoc: I see.

Then, something came in my mind.

Ngoc: In that case... Can you close your eyes for a bit? Trust me.

Kotori seemed to be hesitant before she closed her eyes with her cheeks blushing.

Taking this chance, I brought my hands closer to her head, and then stole both of her black ribbons.

Kotori noticed something was missing as she opened her eyes and saw her ribbons in my hands.

She started to cry.

Kotori: W-What are you doing, big bro!? Give it back! Give it back!

Ngoc: Yep, you're definitely Kotori.

I gave them back to her after confirming she was the real one. She snatched them and tied her hair into two.

And then, she lifted her face, and directed a sharp glint towards me.

Ngoc: K-Kotori?

Kotori: Ngoc...!

Ngoc: Ah fu-

* * *

Kaguya: Uh, hey. What's wrong with your face?

Ngoc: I'd rather not to talk about it.

Kaguya: O-Okay...

Currently, we were at a bowling alley which Ratatoskr designated for the date with Kaguya.

Ngoc: So, are you sure we're gonna do this?

Kaguya: Yep! Like I said, the one who loses the match will have to obey the winner for one request.

Ngoc: Well, alright then. Lady first.

Kaguya: Kuku, don't mind if I do.

She took the ball and walked to the front of the lane.

Kaguya: Now then, look at this carefully. The hurricane child's hurricane. And then, understand it. The fact on how powerless you are...!