Chapter 7

Mana: It was a narrow escape. Are you okay?

Ngoc: Yeah, I think.

Kurumi: Oh my. Isn't it a little impolite to interrupt Ngoc's and my date?

Mana: We'll talk later, Ngoc. I'll finish this quickly.

Mana snapped her fingers as her weapon on her shoulder released multiple beams at Kurumi. She managed to dodge them but what she didn't expect was Mana could control the beams and they hit right at her stomach. Kurumi then fell on the ground as her blood spread around her. Mana walked up to her and fully killed her.

Ngoc: Annnd you killed her.

Mana: Don't worry about it. I just killed a Spirit.

She turned to me.

Mana: It seems you've heard some things from Master Sergeant Tobiichi. Well, you should probably just pretend that this was a bad dream and forget it ever happened.

Ngoc: After what I saw? Yeah, no. And let me guess... She won't die, right?

Mana: How did you know?... Doesn't matter. Just like you said, she won't die. No matter how many times she's killed, or how she's killed, this woman appears again somewhere else and kills more people as if nothing ever happened. That's why I will keep killing her as many times as necessary.

Ngoc: If you can't kill her then why won't you just, talk to her?

Mana: Someone like her? That would be suicide.

Ngoc: Why do you people like to kill? You know what? I'm gonna go home now. I think I will need a good sleep tonight. See ya.

I walked out.

Mana: Ngoc...

* * *

Ai: There you are!

In front of me, there was Ai running towards me.

Ai: What happened? Where were you?

Ngoc:  I, um, I was doing... something important...

Ai: Something important?

Ngoc: Yeah... And I think I'm gonna need a rest for today. Sorry.

Ai: ...

She suddenly grabbed my hands.

Ai: Look, I don't what happened to you but if you need anything, just talk to me, okay? I'll be there for you. I will help you with anything I can.

Ngoc: Ai...

I smiled.

Ngoc: All right. Thanks.

Ai: You're welcome.

Ngoc: So, I guess I will see you tomorrow, then.

Ai: Yeah.

She kissed me on the cheeks.

Ai: Bye!

I waved at her before I started to head home.

* * *

-The next day-

Kurumi: Oh, Ngoc. Good day.

Ngoc: Buon giorno to you too.

Suddenly, I heard Ai, Mai and Mii from behind me.

Mai: There he is. He's talking with Kurumi right now. Let's ask him if yesterday was really a coincidence or not.

Mii: That's so lame!

Ai: Wait, what are you guys talking about?

Mai: It's-