Chapter 10

Tohka: As expected of the jungle cruise recommend by you, Ngoc.

Ngoc: It's fun, right?

Yoshino: It sure is.

Tohka: I think it'd be even more fun if Shido and Kotori were with us, though. Why won't they come?

Ngoc: Uh, well...

Tohka: We should go get them!

Ngoc: I don't think that's a good idea...

Tohka: Huh? Why? We should have fun with everyone.

Ngoc: No, that's not it.

Yoshino: Ngoc... you should tell her.

Ngoc: What?

Ai: Tell her what?

Yoshinon: We're sorry, Ngoc. But we kinda heard you two talking to Reine back then.

Tohka: What is she saying, Ngoc?

Ai: Who is Reine?

Yoshino: Ngoc...

Ngoc: Okay, okay! I get it!

I took a deep breath.

Ngoc: Tohka, remember that flame Spirit on that day? That was Kotori.

Tohka: Huh? You mean Kotori is a Spirit?

Ngoc: Yes. He is trying to seal Kotori's power like he did yours. We don't know what will happen to Kotori if he fails, so it would be bad to get in the way.

Tohka: I see... But is there anything we can do to help? I owe Kotori a debt of gratitude. I want to help her, too. Besides, Kotori has the same kind of smell as Shido.

Yoshinon: Well, it's probably because they use the same shampoo!

Ngoc: Heh. Anyway, all we can do now is leave it to Shido, and hope he will succeed.

They both nodded.

Ai: Hey...

We turned to her.

Ai: What are you guys talking about? What's Spirit? And what's the matter about your sister? And what do you mean"seal"?

Ngoc: Right. I knew you would ask me this eventually.

After we finished with the jungle cruise, I started to explain about this whole Spirit situations, what happened after Kurumi attended to school, and about today.

Basically, I told her everything.

Around 30 minutes later, I finished explaining to her.

Ngoc: So that's it.

Ai: I see... So you guys are what they called Spirits. Tokisaki is also a Spirit. And your sister is a Spirit, too.

Ngoc: Yep.

Ai: You or Shido has to go out a date with Spirits and kiss them to seal their powers.

Ngoc: Yes.

Ai: And right now, Shido is trying to seal Kotori to save his sister.

Ngoc: Exactly.

Ai: ... All right. I think I followed that.

Ngoc: Wait, seriously? You don't have any questions to ask?

Ai: I mean, what you just told me already explained those questions. Like the fact that I feel like I was stronger than a normal person even though I didn't know why.

Ngoc: I see. So anyway, I'm still confused how you were able to seal my power. I thought only Shido and I could only seal Spirits.

Yoshinon: Welp, some mysteries can't be solved.