Chapter 26

Again. I blocked her slashes again.

I don't think I can keep this up. But I will die if I stop now. Damn it. If only I had more power, then I...

Origami: I win!

Tohka: !

Shoot! She's charging at me and ready to strike. I don't have enough strength left to dodge.

I... lost?

Then, I closed my eyes in reflex and prepared to take the hit. But at that moment, I felt someone just grabbed me. Few seconds passed, I never felt the hit, so I slowly opened my eyes to see what's going on.

There was someone. Someone who saved me by carrying me like how they do in those shows Yoshino always watches.

And that someone was none other than Ngoc.

Tohka: N-Ngoc? Is that you?

Ngoc?: Still okay, huh? That's good, I guess.

Wait a minute. His voice sounded different, and I had heard this voice before.

Wait a minute...!

____

"I don't fully understand what you're saying, but... I'm really enjoying hurting you all right now."

_____

It's him! Ngoc's inverse form!

But why did he turn inversed? Don't tell me he's...

But wait, did he just save me? Why did he do that?

Then, he let go off me as I floated in the air. I could only stare at him, and confused.

Tohka: ... You...

Inv.Ngoc: Save your breath. If you have anything to ask, do that later.

He turned his attention to Origami, but still talking to me.

Inv.Ngoc: I suggest you get out of my way so I can get my job done.

Tohka: What? You're planning to kill her?! Don't do that!

Inv.Ngoc: *sigh* You, too? Give me a break. You're just like my partner.

Tohka: Partner?

Inv.Ngoc: My partner, whom you see as your brother.

Tohka: Eh? You mean Ngoc?

Inv.Ngoc: Yes. And he asked me to-

Suddenly, we heard a loud battle cry heading towards us. Before I could realize, Origami stabbed her sword through him.

... Then I realized I was wrong.

She didn't- no, she couldn't do it, because he stopped the blade with his bare hand!

Origami: Wh-What?!

When she looked into his face, she froze in fear.

He was staring at her with his red eyes, black eye sockets, and a demonic smiled.

Inv.Ngoc: Is that all?

Without giving her time to respond, he punched her stomach using his right hand and she was sent backwards pretty far.