Chapter 28

-Itsuka Residence-

Ngoc: *yawn*

And so I woke up on my bed, letting out a sleep yawn before I laid down again. Probably too soon for school-

I immediately sat up and remembered what happened recently. To make sure if this was real, I pinched my cheek. It's hurt, meaning this was all real. I was still alive. That's fortunate.

Then a message was sent to my phone. It's from Ai, she greeted me with "Good morning". Of course, I greeted back. We had been doing this everyday for awhile. I just love texting her.

Then I noticed the date on my phone. This day... was the next day after Origami turned inversed. The city didn't seem to be destroyed as much as I could remember. Does that mean we've changed the past and saved the future? Guess so.

Ngoc: Oh, almost forgot! I wonder if I still have it...

I searched through my pockets to see if 'that thing' I brought from the past was still here. To my surprise, it was.

Ngoc: Heh, nice.

All right, time to see Shido.

When I walked outside of my room, I saw Kotori and Shido outside.

Kotori: Good morning, Ngoc!

Ngoc: Good morning.

She said before she left.

Shido: Dude.

Ngoc: Dude.

Shido: Dude!

Ngoc: Dude!

Shido: DUDE!

Ngoc: DUDE!

Shido smacked Ngoc's head.

Ngoc: What was that for?!

Shido: For making me thought you were dead.

Ngoc: You didn't have to hit me like that, you know.

Shido: *sigh* I'm glad you're okay. So, do you think we...

Ngoc: Yep. Pretty sure we've just rewritten history. Did you tell Kotori about it?

Shido: No, but I'm planning to. I just don't know how to start.

Ngoc: Well, we'll figure it out after school.

Shido: Alright.

And so, I went back to my room to get dressed after washing my face while Shido was making breakfast.

When everything was done, I looked at myself in the mirror.

...

"It's you."

...

* * *

After having breakfast, we met with the gang and went to school. It seemed that few small things had changed due to Origami not turning inversed.

When we entered the classroom, we didn't see Origami here. I thought she might just be late. Then I noticed Tohka making a difficult face.

Ngoc: What's wrong, Tohka?

Tohka: For some reason, I feel something is missing. It feels kinda weird.

Ngoc: Something's missing?

After the teacher arrived, she started taking attendance. At first, everything went completely normal until she called out Tonomachi's name, because after him was supposed to be Tobiichi - Origami's surname, but she called other student's name instead.