Chapter 24

After Natsumi's unconsciousness, we sent her back to the quarantine room while we were standing in a room, looking at the monitor.

Ngoc: Maybe we forced her too much as expected. I didn't think she would hate it that much...

Reine: No, it's not as bad as you think. Her mental state, mood, and happiness... All have risen above the most severe level.

Kotori: She's probably not used to getting compliments when she isn't transformed. Despite wanting to be acknowledged from the bottom of her heart, she has zero self-confidence.

Ngoc: Now that you mentioned it, Natsumi was saying nobody ever paid attention to her.

Kotori: Sounds like a few bad experiences have warped her idea of self-worth. Beauty isn't the issue here. Isn't it whether or not someone accept Natsumi for who she is?

* * *

Some time had passed, Natsumi somehow escaped the quarantine room and right now, she was using Kotori's appearance.

She walked up to Tohka, Ai and Yoshino who was sitting at the resting area.

Natsumi (Kotori): Hi, girls.

Ai: Oh, Kotori.

Yoshino: Hello...

Tohka: Are you taking a break, too?

Natsumi (Kotori): Hey, what do you think? About that Natsumi girl.

Tohka: By what... you mean?

Kotori: How disgusting can that Natsumi get? She's so ugly, it's not even funny, right?

The girls looked at each other, confused by what she said.

Tohka: Kotori, what's the matter? This isn't like you.

Yoshino: U-Um, I don't think Natsumi is disgusting at all.

Ai: Yeah. What made you say that?

Natsumi (Kotori): Wha-What do you mean? When she's that much of a disgraceful mess, it's an eyesore.

Just then, Miku, Kaguya and Yuzuru walked in the room.

Kaguya: Huh? What's going on here?

Natsumi (Kotori): ...

Kaguya: What's up, Kotori? You don't seem yourself today.

Natsumi (Kotori): G-Get this, guys. They're saying weird things...

Yuzuru: Doubt. What weird things?

Natsumi (Kotori): That Natsumi is pretty and she's not a pain to take care of...

After she said that, the three of them brought their eyebrows together in suspicion.

Kaguya: I think the one saying weird things is you.

Yuzuru: Puzzled. That doesn't sound like something you'd say.

Miku: You shouldn't be talking about Natsumi like that!

Miku puffed her cheeks.

Natsumi (Kotori): No way, it can't be... This means...

Natsumi grit her teeth before exiting the resting room without looking at everyone's face.

While running, she bumped into Ngoc and Shido.

Shido: Oh, hey, Kotori.

She remained silent and only took a glance at their face.

Ngoc: Hm? You seem down. What's wrong?

Natsumi (Kotori): Nothing's wrong, all right?

Shido: By the way, about Natsumi and her meals... We're wondering if we should let her out of the room.