Chapter Twenty-Eight: 28

Chapter Twenty-Eight-28

Today was the most boring day I had ever had in my life, ever. The only person that was actually here was Charmelle, and Ava. Charmelle was sleep most of the time, or in the bathroom, and Ava was focused on work for her job. So I stepped outside and laid down enjoying the nature. I went inside only to get food or something to drink then I would go back out to my blanket and just think, apparently I fell asleep outside but somehow I ended up inside the house on the couch. I felt him stroking my hair, putting my tension at ease. I felt relaxed, good. When I opened my eyes I was comfortably laying down with my head in Ashton's lap.

"You fell asleep outside." He said softly. "Tired or bored?"

"Definitely bored." I said in a raspy voice. I heard him chuckle a smile.

"We'll find a way to fix that for the near future." Ashton said. I smiled. "Raziel told me you were concerned about last night."

"Yeah, just a little bit." I said stretching my legs.

"Why?" He asked genuinely curious. I sighed.

"I thought maybe you were mad at me or something." I said.

"Does that have anything with the fact that I left before you woke up?" Ashton asked twisting my hair around his fingers.

"Yeah." I mumbled. He breathed a smile.

"No, I'm not mad at you. I can't even stay mad at you for long anymore anyway, so what's the point?" He said.

"Oh, I know exactly how you feel." I said nodding. Ashton just laughed. "How was your day?"

"Good but stressful. We made a lot of progress. Everyone understands what I'm aiming for. I explained how I wanted our borders watched, the schedule, and what's supposed to happen if or when someone steps into our territory. I didn't even have to show them, they knew exactly how it was supposed to go. It was amazing. These guys are a lot stronger than I thought." Ashton said truly impressed.

"Hell yeah!" Zyre said jumping into our conversation. The rest of the guys walked in and flicked on the lights. I squinted waiting for my eyes to adjust. I sat up and stretched then laid down with my legs on Ashton's lap.

"What were you two doing in here in the dark?" Kyle asked with raised brows.

"Sleeping and talking." I said with a yawn. "Nothing sexual."

"What were you talking about?" Seth asked with a smile.

"What's the point in asking if you already know?" Ashton asked.

"Shit. I forgot he can read minds." Zyre muttered.

"Great job, boys." I said sarcastically. "That's waaay better than me trying to creep on him."

"N'aw you definitely hold that record." Xenon said.

"I heard you fell asleep outside." Quinn said. I nodded.

"I was so freaking bored." I groaned. "Only two people in the house? Seriously? Who told you guys that would be the best form of entertainment?"

"We figured you'd be sleep most of the time anyway." Kai said.

"I'm not." I said. "I mean I know I'm pregnant and all but Jesus you guys suck."

"I'm offended." Zyre said holding his chest.

"You're offended? I just wasted a day sleeping outside, which if I must mention was NOT intentional." I said.

"Maybe you had a calling to the nature." Quinn said. "You never really know."