Chapter Thirty-Seven: Animals *Final Chapter*

*Final Chapter*

Chapter Thirty-Seven-Animals

~*Several Years Later*~

I felt Ashton wrap his arms around me, I sighed in delight and looked at the scenery in front of me. Seven children and their mates, all because of a dream.

"Not just any dream." Quinn said standing next to me. "You lived that dream, it was a foreshadow."

"Either way, I'm just glad we've all come to terms." Draekon said with a chuckle.

"Indeed." Ashton said.

"What now?" Zyre asked with a beer in his hand.

"Now, we leave the kids be to talk about other matters." Ashton said and took me by my waist. We walked out of the living room and went to a more quiet space.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I've found out that we aren't the only ones of our kind, and neither are our children." Ashton said.

"What? What are you getting at?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, just spit it out." Zyre said impatiently.

"I'm not the only shifter and apparently... we have blood relatives who used to be known as the Rhyne's, but is now known as the Royale-Rhyne's. They're the most powerful on their turf. They don't hold our traditions, but their similar. For instance, they have Female Alpha's which are the equivalent to female Guardians. And ever since my cousin Silver Onyx Royale-Rhyne fended for her land, they've had Spirit children, just like our own." Ashton explained.

"Why are you telling us this now?" I asked.

"Because I've been doing some digging, to see if this really was meant to be when I came across a picture of Fenris, my great great grandfather and some werewolf by the name of Florence. Turns out that she belonged to the Rhyne territory, but was kidnapped during the invasion of the Ice Pack centuries ago. Unfortunately, Fenris never got to see Florence ever again."

"So do they count as family?" I asked.

"Of course they do. Fenris and Florence were soulmates, he had claimed her. She belongs to our territory." Raziel said stepping in the room.

"So who's your grandmother?" I asked.

"Her name was Roslyn, she was a pitiful woman that Fenris took after once he was convinced Florence had died. He was a broken man. The kidnapping of Florence is what really killed that man." Raziel sighed sadly.

"So you mean to tell me we could have had allies in the war?" I asked with a blank expression.

"It wouldn't have done us any good. We couldn't have trusted anyone at that time but ourselves." Zyre said, Ashton nodded.

"I was recently told that they wanted to see Paine and disclose information, a task." Ashton said. I raised my brow.

"What kind of information?" I asked skeptic.

"Caspian never died." Ashton said, my eyes widened. "He's hiding out somewhere in the Underworld, plotting with a guy by the name of Vague. Vague is a werewolf, who wants to control all werewolves. Vague is also an enemy of Royale-Rhyne territory. Their granddaughter Hazel Jade Royale is a spirit child, and the spirits have called to both territories to send them out on this task." Ashton explained. I thought before I spoke.

"I guess it's up to Paine, I mean after all it's her path." I said. "Not to mention she's an adult now, we can't bug her about school because she's out."

"What about her boyfriend?" Kai asked. Just then Draekon walked in the room with a sad look on his face.

"Xanthius is not who you think he is." Draekon said. I raised my brow.