Chapter Sixteen: Take Over, The Break's Over

Chapter Sixteen-Take Over, The Break's Over

Standing in front of me with his hands in his pockets, his eyes shining bright, his body the definition of perfection, in a suit was the man that abandoned me-my soul mate, Ashton Devereux.

"Why are you here?" I asked stepping out.

"You cut your hair." Ashton said with disapproval.

"You cut me off." I said my arms crossed. "You abandoned me, you rejected me, you broke my heart and your promise."

"I messed up." Ashton said. No shit.

"It's a little too late for that." I said hostility clear in my voice. "Why are you here?"

"I can't be without you." Ashton said. "I need you back home with me." I clenched my jaw.

"Do you really think it's this easy?" I asked offended. "You dump me, and come back about a month and a few weeks later telling me you want me back. I don't want you Ashton."

"Really?" Ashton asked amused. There was a sound of the door opening and Caspian walked out then looked at Ashton then me. "Your boyfriend?"

"Yes." I said.

"Nice to see you again, Caspian. Have you been taking care of my mate?" Ashton asked his hands back in his pockets.

"I honestly don't want to come between the two of you." Caspian said.

"I know, I understand your sincerity. But you already have." Ashton said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Ashton firmly.

"I already told you that, Myra." Ashton sighed.

"You could have done that any time before." I said.

"You're right, but I didn't know where you were until I kept hearing you think my name, and think of our memories. Yesterday was the first day you thought of me since we... took a break." Ashton said. "I thought you we're starting to forget about me."

"You've changed." I said taking a step back.

"So have you." Ashton said. "We would still be together if it weren't for you."

"What?!" I asked my eyes wide.

"You stopped trusting me." Ashton said. "You made that very clear in our final argument. And to be honest, that pissed me off. I've loved you since I saw you and I've done my best to keep you satisfied and all I get is a closed off Myra. You really hurt me."

"Not as bad as you hurt me." I said through my teeth.

"You don't think it broke my heart to tell you I didn't want you?!" Ashton yelled at me. "I was so... angry, so hurt, that I wasn't myself anymore! You changed Myra, and because of you I had to take a break from you." he was right.

"I'm not going with you." I said. "I'm staying here with Caspian."

"Myra..." Caspian said. Fuck, right. Caspian said he would hand me off to Ashton.

"Don't you have a woman to get back to? Kara perhaps?" I asked bitterly.

"I told you about my history of relationships. And if you'd like to know-yes, I was with her after you. But as I've said previously, she's not you." Ashton said. "Now, let's go."

"Where?" I asked.

"You'll see." Ashton said and reached for my hand but I moved away from him.

"Refrain from touching me until Kara's completely off of your body." I seethed. "Kara and whoever you've slept with."

"Oh, please. Had you not told Caspian that we were soul mates he wouldn't have thought twice about taking your virginity." Ashton said heading to his car. I got in and sat down, putting my seatbelt on.