Chapter Thirty: Dark Moves of Love

Chapter Thirty-Dark Moves of Love

"How're you feeling?" Ashton asked crawling into bed with me. I managed a tired smile.

"Sore, but the medication our lovely doctor gave me is helping." I said looking up at him. He laughed a little and stroked my face.

"You're so beautiful." He said softly. I blushed and looked away. "I love you, way more than words could ever express." I looked at his face observing his appearance. He had tear-stained cheeks.

"Have you been crying?" I asked cupping his face. His cheeks flamed and he shrugged, now it was my turn to laugh. "Why?"

"You've given me more than I've asked for." He said wrapping an arm around me. "Because of you I'm complete, and I know how cheesy all of this is, but you need to know this. I never thought I'd actually cry at the sight of my own children but they're beautiful. Thank you, so much."

"I don't think it's cheesy." I smiled giving him a kiss. He snuggled closer to me. "How long are you staying?"

"Raziel and Quinn argued for a week long armistice." Ashton said intertwining our fingers together.

"I just want all of this to be over." I murmured.

"I don't wanna talk about that, Myra." He said gently.

"Me either." I said with a yawn. "I wanna know how long you had names for these kids." I said with a laugh. "And why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"They're all names that just came to me somehow. Something told me that you'd like them, plus I knew you liked the names Zyre and Xenon picked. I didn't tell you sooner because I didn't wanna take the risk of you rejecting them like you did the name Travis." He joked. "I really like those names."

"I do too, and it makes me happy knowing you were thinking about us. I'm sorry I lashed out at you several times in the past six months, I'm sorry for a lot of things. I'm glad I got pregnant, and had babies. I'm glad I have you, I'm grateful because I know what it's like to love someone unconditionally. I'm grateful for having friends that are more like family to me...I'm grateful for all you've brought into my life." I said starting to get sleepy. He rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb.

"I know, cupcake, I know." He kissed my forehead. "Get some rest." If I could have turned on my side I would have, but I couldn't so I snuggled my head into his chest and closed my eyes.

The next few days had been filled with setting everything up for the babies, making them safe and everything. Ashton spent most of his time with them, I spent my time sleeping and recovering. Apparently what I went through was not normal, although I did see my babies whenever I was awake. The guys came in holding the babies grinning from ear to ear.

"Aww." I squealed in excitement. "They're so cute!"

"How're you feeling?" Ashton asked sitting on the bed with me holding Alekxander.

"A lot better than before." I said as Ashton handed me Alekxander. I stroked his hair and smiled at him, amazed by his beauty.

"Hanging out with these guys all the time makes me want one." Zyre said with a smile.

"Can we have one of yours?" Xenon asked. I scoffed.

"Of course not." I said cradling Alekxander. "It's not hard to make your own."

"Oh, we know it's not hard, it's just that we know our women don't want to give birth." Marce said with his arms crossed.

"I'm too old." Raziel shrugged. We all just looked at him incredulously.