Chapter Thirty-Three: Paradise

Chapter Thirty-Two-Paradise

{Years Later}

I woke up to the feeling of Ashton's fingers against my bare back. I smiled and stretched a bit before rolling over.

"Happy birthday." Ashton said with a smile. I raised my brow at him, obviously unimpressed. "You don't seem excited."

"I'm officially thirty-six years old, Ashton." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm forty, how do you think I feel?" Ashton asked leaning in for a kiss. I grinned as I kissed him.

"Like you're still eighteen years old." Ashton chuckled and pulled me on top of him.

"The irony of that all is that I don't even really remember my eighteenth year." Ashton said running his hands under the sheets I clutched to my body.

"What about my eighteenth year?" I asked with a smile.

"Best year of my life." He said with a dazed smile. "Your eighteen year was the year that everything seemed to snap into reality for me. I met you and everything changed, you gave me everything I wanted and more."

"Yeah, and you've taught me that love never fails." I said stroking his face. He leaned up and kissed me. Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" Ashton and I asked in unison.

"Could you guys hurry up?" I heard one of them ask.

"Zane." Ashton chuckled.

"Yeah, we'll be out in a second." I called to them.

"Well, we're counting!" Paine said from the door, then they left.

"Looks like we have to be on time, this time." Ashton said amused before letting me get off of him.

"Then maybe you shouldn't come with me." I said looking over my shoulder as I stretched. I could hear Ashton's growl clear across the room.

"When you purposely flaunt your assets it makes me want to spend hours teaching you lessons." Ashton said, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body before winking at Ashton. I went into the bathroom and closed the door. Surprisingly enough, I was able to take a shower without Ashton interrupting me. I turned the water off after I had taken my shower and stepped out. When I walked out I saw that the room had been clean and that Ashton was completely clean, and dressed, just waiting for me.

"How the hell do you always manage to do that?" I asked extremely curious.

"You take a long time in the shower, you know." Ashton said amused. I rolled my eyes and went in the closet. Pulled out a long sundress and slipped it on. I then fixed my hair and walked out to Ashton who wrapped his arms around me. "You smell nice."

"Give me one time that I didn't smell good?" I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Many times." Ashton said with a smile. "But I would never tell you that." He laughed and ran out before I could hit him. I just gaped at the doorway.

"You're the definition of an asshole!" I shouted after him. I didn't bother myself with running because I was in the mindset that I was too fabulous. When I got downstairs the kids were all just talking to Ashton. I leaned against the doorway and that's when I saw unfamiliar faces sitting down in the room. I turned to them immediately.

"Who?" I asked nodding in their direction.

"Their soulmates." Ashton said and crossed his arms. I felt myself get queasy.

"Oh god..." I mumbled nervously. "How long have they-"

"Mom." Paine said putting her hands on my shoulders. "Let us explain." She said softly.