Chapter Three: And So We Meet Again...

I ended up coming out of the hospital on crutches… CRUTCHES! They said that my wound was clean, and that it had already started to heal pretty fast. They didn’t need to do much of anything so coming into the hospital was honestly pointless. We were now all going home, I was tired, and I just wanted to sleep. Everyone else was tired I could tell. None of these boys were morning people and at this moment neither was I.

“If I recall, you’re the early bird in this car.” Dylan said his voice husky. Did I mention how much I loved a man’s voice when he’s tired? It’s lovely.

“Yeah, but if I recall it’s Saturday, I’m tired. I’m probably gonna sleep downstairs, I don’t feel like walking up the stairs today—or in any matter until my foot heals.” I said leaning my head against the window.

“I was worried sick about you, Myra.” Kai said.

“Yeah, I can tell. You’re stressed.” I said.

“What the hell were you being chased by that caused you to step on a piece of glass?” he asked.

“Some insane wolf.” I said. Everyone in the car tensed. “It’s crazy because I’m quite sure there aren’t wolves here.”

“Ha… right.” Kyle chuckled. “Someone probably just had a mixed breed dog.”

“That most definitely wasn’t a dog, Kyle.” I said.

“Whatever it was, you’re home and that’s it.” Kai said ending it all. I yawned and squirmed trying to get comfortable.

“I would have been better had you not taken me to the hospital.” I said. “Ash obviously did a good job at patching me up.” I muttered under my breath, but nothing ever slips past Kai, ever.

“Who’s Ash?” He asked looking at me curious.

“A guy who helped me, patched me up like an ace.” I said. “He claims to know you.”

“What’s his name again?” Kai asked.

“Ashton Aziel Silas Devereux.” I said his name liking the way it rolled off my tongue. I smiled afterwards then quickly took it down after I realized how Kai was looking at me.

“What were you doing with Ashton?” Kyle asked from the back.

“What do you mean what was I doing with Ashton? I was being cured! Had he not rolled up in that spiffy, sleek, exotic, black lambo of his I would have been that wolf’s appetizer!” I said turning back to him.

“How’d he even…” Kai asked. “You know what? Never mind, just stay away from that guy.”

“Kai, he saved me.” I said. “You should be thanking him too. And do you actually know him?”

“Of course I know him, we go way back.” Kai muttered. So maybe Ash wasn’t lying, but still…

“Well, you don’t have to worry about me ever seeing him again. It’s not like he wanted anything else from me, and in all actuality had I just been walking for fun he wouldn’t have noticed me.” I said shrugging. Everyone just turned and looked at me.

“I can’t believe you have the lady balls to say that.” Dylan said.

“If someone doesn’t notice you they’re obviously blind.” Wade said.

“Or gay and even still they’d notice you.” Kris said.

“I’m not THAT noticeable. Jeez.” I muttered. I looked ahead and realized we got caught in traffic. Great, now my sleep is beyond delayed. “Had we not gone to the hospital we could all be sleep until 8 pm.”