Chapter Ten: In Friends We Trust

Chapter Ten—In Friends We Trust

I stared at Ashton with a blank expression, did he just say what I think he said? Because if I heard him correctly he just said something about me and my house. “Uh, could you repeat that for me, I might still have water in my ear from my shower.” Ash just chuckled and stood up.

“After you get dressed, I’m gonna drive you home.” Ashton said. I breathed a sigh of relief. I thought he meant something else by ‘we’re going to your house’ got a bit panicky over here. “And I’m going to tell K.D to go back home.” I stared bug-eyed at him. “If Klayden doesn’t listen, then I’ll tell you to get a suitcase, pack your things and give them to me because you’ll be staying with me.”

“K.D won’t let you take me without a fight.” I said. Ashton grinned.

“I know, but you let me handle that, okay?” He said. “Let’s go.” 

“Wait, uh, we’re leaving now?” I asked, I was scared. I didn’t know how Ashton thought this was gonna go down in his mind, but in mine it wasn’t gonna be a happy sight. Ashton just laughed at me and took my hand, directing me out of the house to my car. I let him drive—well actually he just got in the drivers seat. I didn’t have much of a choice. I wanted to talk to Ash the whole time he was driving but I kept picturing what could happen, and what would happen. “I don’t think you should do this.” I said as Ashton pulled up in my driveway. Ash turned and looked at me.

“Worst-case scenario K.D’ll lunge at me, trying to intimidate me. He has no idea who I am because of what region he’s in. But if he touches you, or me, he’ll find out who’s territory he’s on.” Ashton said cupping my face in his hand. “Don’t be scared, I’ll be here with you the whole way.” Ash got out the car before I did and opened the door for me. I got out and walked in through the front door. Ash stood behind me in a possessive-protective manner. As soon as we both were in the house and the door was shut, the boys came out to lecture me, but stopped in their place once they saw who was behind me. 

“Figures.” Kai snickered. 

“What are you doing here?” Kyle asked. 

“That’s a good question, this isn’t your territory. Two alpha’s aren’t supposed to be on the same land.” K.D said stepping in. I opened my mouth to say something but Ashton wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him firmly. 

“Klayden Dre’Veis Jervaid Corvan, of the Luperca Honi Pack. This is Amoux Fenris territory, which is my territory.” Ashton said. “You are no alpha to me, just a teenager that wants something he can’t have.” K.D clenched his jaw.

“You think you know everything don’t you?” K.D asked. “You don’t know shit, and that girl isn’t yours—she never will be—”

“Watch your tongue. I’ve been alpha longer than you’ve been breathing, I suggest you choose your words wisely because I will not hesitate ripping out your trachea.” Ash said quickly cutting K.D off. “I didn’t come here to fight, I came to assure you that you will not see my mate ever again—you will not think of my mate ever again, or I will kill you and entire pack.”

“Well, I’m not leaving.” K.D said standing his ground. Ashton laughed.

“I knew you would say that, go get your things Myra.” Ashton said letting go of me. As I was walking upstairs I saw Kyle and Kai meet my gaze they shook their heads. I just kept going up the stairs, I could still hear them in the distance, K.D was trying to make himself out to be a strong alpha but he was just making himself look like a fool. I pulled out my suitcase and began shoving everything in it, everything that I needed of course. My phone rang and I answered it, Roxie.