Chapter Six: Drama

Chapter Six: Drama

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know who was standing behind me, the way my body tingled and the way my thoughts revolved around him I knew it was him. And right now I wish I was at home or walking in a park looking things I hate the most—flowers. But no, I was at the beach, making out with Klayden on the first day, a guy who’s not my mate—who’s actually trying to steal my heart. Yet I’m on a date with him admiring his body and his features. Not once had I asked him a personal question like I did him, all night.

“Who are you?” I heard K.D asked firmly and with authority. I wanted to be so far away from K.D right now it wasn’t funny; K.D grabbed me and pulled me to him making me see exactly who was behind me.

“Ashton.” I breathed, I couldn’t manage to say his name at all considering I knew how much shit I would be in after this with both K.D and my brothers and Ash.

“You know him?” Klayden asked.

“You two are together?” Ash asked waving his fingers between Klayden and I. I shook my head but Klayden obviously disagreed.

“Yes.” Klayden said trying to intimidate Ashton, but Ash wasn’t fazed. His gaze was intently on me and I couldn’t even find the courage to look at Ash. “Who are you?”

“Someone important to Myra, over here.” Ash said lifting my chin so I’d look at him, when I met his eyes he told me something he couldn’t say out loud at the moment. “Alpha.”

“Werewolf?” Klayden asked. Ash smirked.

“Is it obvious?” he said dazzling me with his smile. “Well, look—I just wanted to let you know that there’ll be a party tonight my place at 6 and you’re exclusively invited Myra.” He said then looked over at K.D. “You can bring your friend if you want.” He flashed a wink at me before taking off. My knees would have given out underneath me had Klayden not been holding me.

“Who was that?” Klayden asked.

“My—um… friend.” I said. “Are you hungry?” I asked him.

“Yeah, sure.” K.D said. “What do you have a taste for?”

“Pizza.” I smiled and we left in his car for pizza. I put my dress back on while he was driving and he looked over at me amused.

“Why couldn’t you have just waited till we stopped?” K.D asked.

“Because I have no patience, besides I doubt you noticed but whenever we pass any cars with guys it’s like they have tit radar, that’s the first thing they’re looking at, and let me tell you I don’t like that.” I said sitting down and putting my seatbelt on.

“Tit radar.” He chuckled.

“You have it too, I know, I’ve caught you a few times.” I said my brow raised.

“Oh, really?” he asked. I nodded. We pulled up in a pizza parking lot and got out. My stomach rumbled. “It’s funny how I originally planned for us to stay at the beach.”

“It’s also funny how hungry I am.” I said and walked in. We ordered two large pizza one pepperoni and one serious meat, and let me tell you, I’ll eat it all. We sat down with our pizza and ate and talked.

“Okay, in all seriousness now—who was that guy?” Klayden asked with pizza in his mouth. I debated with myself and decided I wouldn’t tell him the truth about Ash.

“Just an close friend from school.” I said shrugging.

“That guy looked too old to still be in high school.” K.D said.