Chapter Thirty-Four: Hallucinations

Chapter Thirty-Four-Hallucinations

"MS. GRAY!" I heard someone say. I immediately shot up and looked around just to find myself in my Sophomore year humanities class. I began to panic. "Ms. Gray, I'm glad you cared to join us in class today."

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I said trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

"I'll hold you to you word, Ms. Gray." Mr. Shaw said and turned to the board. I looked over to see Roxie and Candy sitting next to me.

"What's the date?" I asked Roxie.

"May 25th..." They said a little suspiciously.

"Ms. Gray! Please excuse your distractive self from my class, immediately." Mr. Shaw said. I hesitated then knew I could use this to my advantage. I grabbed my things and walked out of class. While I was in the hallway walking to my locker I just thought about everything that had happened in the past five minutes.

I was dreaming... everything was a dream. But it felt so real! I got to my locker and shoved everything inside. Normally, I would take my homework with me but I need some time to think. I slipped my bookbag on and headed to the door when I saw a very attractive man standing outside leaning against my car. I felt my heart race like it had in my dream. Ashton. I walked out to him and admired his young beauty. Was this for real this time? Why is he here? Did he have the same dream as I did? I stood in front of him unable to speak. My memories kept flooding back to everything that we did, everything we had been through. I didn't know if I should greet him like we had known each other forever or if I should have acted brand new. Hell, I didn't even know if he was reading my mind right now.

"I am." Ashton said trying to hold back a smile. I felt my face flush, I looked down at my Toms and rubbed them against the concrete.

"So you understand how confused and dysfunctional I am right now?" I asked him.

"Understand? No. I know what you're feeling. But confused and dysfunctional is not how I feel right now." Ashton said. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know what he was referring to.

"Yeah, I know. Back to base one." I said looking up at him.

"Then I should probably take you home." Ashton said. I raised my brows.

"I feel like that place isn't even my home anymore." I said. "Can we go to yours?"

"That shouldn't be much of a problem." Ashton said. "But what about your car?"

"I'll have Roxie or Candy take him home for me." I said and opened the door then put the keys in a hidden compartment and then closed the door. I then followed Ashton to his sleek Ebony. I got in the car and just laughed.

"What?" He asked.

"It's really amusing how all of this is so familiar." I said looking over at him. He chuckled.

"I hope everything won't be this familiar, I'm hoping to be surprised." He said with a devious smirk. I rolled my eyes and nudged him. He just laughed and looked over at me.

"You'll wait till I'm 18." I told him as I looked out the window.

"That was two weeks before you turned 18, Myra." Ashton said, I shivered as he said my name. "I'm meeting you a year ahead of what happened prior to the dream we had."

"What are you trying to get at, Ashton?" I asked letting his name roll off of my tongue.

"That the dream we both had was a wake up call." Ashton said. "Everything that happened in that dream isn't going to happen in reality verbatim."