Chapter Two: Great...

Chapter Two: Great…

I sat on this guys table and held my foot out. He poured alcohol on where the glass penetrated my skin. I sucked in a sharp breath of air. He chuckled a little. Is it me or am I the only one who doesn't find having a huge piece of broken glass in their foot humorous? He handed me a towel with a knife.

"You might want to bite down on that." he said. I took it in my mouth and breathed slowly.

"When are you gonna—AAAAHHHHFUCK!" I screamed as he pulled the glass out of my foot. He set it on the counter next to me and cleaned my wound. Soon the pain was bearable and I found myself wanting to talk to him. "Who are you?"

"I was wondering when you'd ask." The guy said as he doctored on my wound.

“Well, are you going to tell me?” I asked after not getting a response from him. He chuckled.

“Why should I tell you?” he asked. I shrugged.

“I dunno, I’d just feel better knowing who saved me from an abnormally large wolf.” I said. “Which makes me wonder, I’m quite sure we didn’t have wolves here.”

“They’re not average wolves, as you said.” He said.

“Are you still gonna tell me who you are?” I asked whining now. “I’ll tell you who I am in exchange.”

“I already know who you are.” He said. I looked confused. “You’re Myra Mirandinelle Aubrianna Gray, sister of the famous Kai Alexander Hector Gray, yeah. I know all about you.”

“Does everyone know who I am because of Kai?” I muttered to myself.

“I don’t know you through, Kai.” He said and wrapped the gauze on my foot.

“I don’t know you at all.” I said.

“I know. You’re only seventeen, I don’t expect you to know who I am.” I looked at him suspiciously.

“What’s that supposed to mean? You’re not that older than me.” I said.

“I’m the same age as your brother, so eh, not so much.” He said. “But still you’re young.”

“What does that have to do with me know who you are?” I asked getting impatient. “You knew I would ask so why don’t you just tell me!”

“Alright, I’ll tell you. Ashton Aziel Silas Devereux.” He said. That was a powerful name.

“What do you do? How do you know my brother? How do you know me?” I asked curious.

“Why do you have so many questions?” he asked me.

“Why don’t you have enough answers?” I countered. He chuckled; his voice was husky and so damn sexy. I couldn’t stop myself from looking him over. He was really attractive. He had jet black hair and light blue-gray eyes, his skin was perfectly tanned, not too dark not too pale—just right, his lips were red, begging to be kissed, his cheek bones were sculpted along with his jaw line. His body you could tell was muscular from the way he fit his suit that he was muscular. Myra likes a man who looks good in a suit. He obviously caught me sizing him up because he said something about it.

“Do you stare at every guy that helps you with your injuries like that?” Ashton asked.

“No, Ash—I can call you Ash right?” I asked.

“No.” he said.

“Well, no Ash, I don’t get injuries, because I don’t get chased by insane misplaced wolves every night I go to a party, and I most definitely don’t intentionally step on empty broken bottles of vodka just so a guy could take me to his place and patch me up.” I said.