𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. LITTLE TALKS

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
February 3rd, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

FINDING ANOTHER DAY FOR THEM to meet up was a difficult adventure — they were both busy as fuck during the week, both of them having school and homework and other commitments. Weekends were saved for streaming and more homework and family time, and neither of them wanted to travel to the other after school since they got out at what had to be 3 pm at the latest.

It, for lack of a better phrase, fucking sucked.

That was Theo's standpoint anyway, and he expressed as much to Techno, who told him that it wasn't Theo's fault he had gotten sick the day of the meet-up. Still, Theo wished he had just started fasting for a week before he was meant to meet Ranboo in person, just so he didn't risk not being able to go. He felt that it was his fault, at the end of the day.

(He felt like a lot of things were his fault. Harriet was still number fucking one at the top of the list, even if Techno and his new therapist Evan assured him that it wasn't. Then there was his mom's death at number two; number three was Techno having to take care of him until he was eighteen; and number four was getting sick and being unable to see Ranboo.)

"But you know it isn't your fault, right?" Ranboo asked, snapping Theo out of his self-pity party. He frowned, glancing at his computer screen. Ranboo's icon lit up green as he spoke. "I mean, you got sick. Anyone can get sick. Techno would have gotten sick and you wouldn't have had a ride but you wouldn't blame Techno for that, would you?"

"No, of course not. He can't control that," Theo protested.

"And you can?"

Maybe he had a point. That didn't mean Theo liked it, though.

"When are you free next?" Theo demanded instead. "I don't care when. I'll skip school. I hate school anyway."

"You don't mean that," Ranboo argued, and Theo couldn't disagree with him. ". . . Well, actually, I think I have another half-day tomorrow. I'll check with my parents to make sure, but I think my mom mentioned it yesterday and I completely forgot by the time we were in call," Ranboo said.

"Go ask her!" Theo urged. "I'll wait here!"

"Be right back!" Ranboo said, muting himself in the call as he went to go ask his parents about the hopefully half-day. Theo tapped his hands against his desk in excitement at the possibility of seeing Ranboo in person — a second chance.

It occurred to him that he should probably ask Techno if he could drive him, but even if he couldn't, Theo would say fuck it and walk if he needed to. He needed to soak up some sun anyway.

Ranboo came back within two minutes, unmuting his mic. "I have another half-day! We can go to the beach and eat and go to the arcade and do whatever," he rambled, making Theo grin at his screen, even though Ranboo couldn't see him.

"I promise I won't bail this time," Theo told him seriously, losing a bit of his smile.

"Thee," Ranboo said, "your health comes before meeting up and it always will. It wasn't your fault, just accept that already." Theo smiled slightly at how passionate Ranboo was about the meet-up mishap not being his fault. He appreciated the sentiment even if he didn't quite believe him. "So how has your week been? Besides Techno's horrible attempt at making soup last night."

"How do you burn soup!" Theo muttered in exasperation. Techno wasn't a bad cook, really, but the burned soup was something Theo would never get over. He shook his head. "Pretty okay, honestly. I can't wait until school is over for good. I'm not going to college, fuck that, I'd rather die."

Ranboo chuckled. "I hear you. I'm graduating soon and then I'm out of school forever . . . or until I feel like going again," Ranboo said.

"How do you feel about graduating?" Theo asked.

Ranboo shifted in his seat. "Honestly? I'm a little scared. Like, you're in school for basically your entire life and then you're just ripped out of it. Sometimes you aren't ready for it and it's scary." He hummed softly. "But . . . I'm also excited. Because I get to be an adult and live my life and I can do whatever I want without fearing social pressure. I don't have to worry about grades or falling behind, y'know? It's nice."

Theo smiled softly at the tone of Ranboo's voice, warm and hopeful. "That sounds nice," he agreed.

"What about you? How's your graduation gonna go?" Ranboo asked.

"I'm keeping it online," Theo said. "Techno's been trying to get me to do it in person, but . . . I don't know, I like that I don't have to walk down a stage in front of everyone. I love not having to spend money on a cap and gown. And I like that I don't have to be there. I think it's a lot of anxiety, but I don't really care? I spent twelve years caring and I just don't anymore. Fuck school."

Ranboo chuckled at the passion in Theo's voice. "There wasn't one thing you liked about school?" he asked.

Theo hummed softly. "Eh. I had a cool teacher in the fifth grade. Helped me get into reading. So I guess there's that." Ranboo laughed, making Theo smile. He then yawned, glancing at the time to see that it was nearing 11:00 p.m. He didn't usually go to sleep this early, but if he was meeting up with Ranboo, he figured he should get as much sleep as possible.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna get on my phone," Theo said. Ranboo hummed in acknowledgment. Theo left the call on his computer and joined on his phone, plugging in his headphones as he climbed into bed. "What's your favorite game at the arcade?" he asked once he was settled.

"Skee ball," Ranboo said without hesitation.

Theo smiled. "Me, too," he said, yawning once more. Exhaustion pulled at his eyes, making them flutter shut. "'M gonna go to bed now."

"Charge your phone," Ranboo reminded him gently. Theo grumbled, reaching over to grab his charger and plugging his phone in. "Wouldn't want you to wake up late."

"Yeah, yeah," Theo mumbled, smiling slightly. "Goodnight, Beloved."

"Goodnight, Thee," Ranboo murmured.

He only hung up once he was absolutely sure Theo was asleep.

And Theo was asleep.

Deep asleep.

Sleep . . .

Sleep . . .

Sleep . . .

BANG! BANG! BANG!